Police clearance AND legalizing while abroad

Hi everywhere. I know there are quite a lot of posts about police clearance and legalizing the papers at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but does anyone have experience or advice about accomplishing both of those while abroad. I am from the US and taught in Bangkok for 10 months. I am in Ecuador and found a job, but they want a police clearance AND it legalized for my time in BKK... 

Also I need to get this done in 4 months before my tourist visa for Ecuador runs out. I have friends in BKK (Thai and foreign) so maybe it would be possible to have them pick up the clearance and then take it to MFA? Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

There is a process by which you can get this done apparently but the links to the relevant pages are down at present. You can check out this website: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/# .

The best option might be to contact a translator in Bangkok. I have never used one myself for this purpose but in the last twelve months used one to get all manner of documents - wedding and birth certificates etc - translated into English, legalised by the MFA and then certificated by the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok. This was to enable me to bring my family into China when I started working there after being in Thailand for several years

I got my police clearance in person in Bangkok. The problem for you might lie in the fact that the Royal Thai Police take your finger prints as part of this process of clearing you. I am sure, however, that there must be some way around this and that you can get prints taken in your country and then have them sent to Thailand.

I suggest you find a translation service. If you want a personal recommendation please send me a personal message.