Query on Transit Visa Through UK

I have been looking on the gov.uk/  website looking for details on a Transit visa through Heathrow, but I am always directed towards Visa4UK service website to sign up and apply.

The online application is a nightmare, with a full application that requires to be filled out, pay 84 dollars. Visit the office in BKK with supporting info, then await a decision ( I think)

Here is the scenario

My wife and I are travelling to Ireland next month from Thailand

She is Thai and has a visa for Ireland (Join Spouse)

I am Irish.

We are landing in Heathrow Terminal 4, going to Terminal 1 then flying to Ireland. Total time in Heathrow is 1.5 hours

Can someone please advise if there is an easier way to go through the UK airport, than the long winded procedure that I am constantly routed to when trying to find an easy way online.

Any help much appreciated. At this stage i am contemplating booking another more expensive route that by passes the UK

:)

Found good news

https://www.gov.uk/government/world-location-news/are-you-intending-to-transit-via-the-uk

General changes to the Transit Rules

There is no change for airside transit (where you do not enter the UK through border control). You will still not need a visa to transit the UK.

To transit landside through the UK from 1 December you will need to either:

Apply for a visitor in transit visa www.gov.uk/transit-visa

Or

Fulfill all the following criteria:

• you arrive and depart by air
  • have a confirmed onward flight which leaves by 23.59hrs the following day
  • have the right documents for your destination (e.g. a visa for that country)