Work permit and non b or tourist visa options

What happens if you have a work permit and non B visa and you go to Laos and the documents are wrong...

I won't have time to stay there, can I simply get a tourist visa, come back to Thailand, get the proper Non B documents and go back?

Or can I simply keep my work permit and be on Tourist visa simultaneously?

As I mentioned earlier, I already have a work permit that is good till summer 2018

Technically if you got a tourist visa entry you work permit would be invalid but reality it would not be canceled automatically. Others have had the same situation you have and did not have their work permit canceled.

If you have the few documents required shown here you will get the non-b visa. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B business.pdf

Ok, excellent

Another unrelated question...

Some lawyers say they can get me a one year visa, no need to go out of the country, but it's a "greasing palm" visa I guess...

If I had that, and for some reason when trying to leave Thailand they said "your visa was not valid" ..is there jail time possible?

With these lawyers and "greasing palm" visas, what happens if they catch it or it goes wrong? 

Do you go to jail, is it criminal? Or they simply cancel the visa? Deport you?

What stories have you heard about this in your long experience in Thailand Ubonjoe?

Thanks

15 hours ago, ikebukuro5 said:

Some lawyers say they can get me a one year visa, no need to go out of the country, but it's a "greasing palm" visa I guess...

If I had that, and for some reason when trying to leave Thailand they said "your visa was not valid" ..is there jail time possible?

That would be a one year extension of stay based upon working obtained at immigration not a visa. You don't need a lawyer to get that your employer should be able to supply the required documents to get one.

If an extension is not possible you could get multiple entry non-b visa in Penang that would require leaving the country every 90 days new entry. You would need to apply for it prior to your work permit having less than 8 months remaining.

On 7/25/2017 at 8:27 AM, ikebukuro5 said:

Ok, excellent

Another unrelated question...

With these lawyers and "greasing palm" visas, what happens if they catch it or it goes wrong? 

Do you go to jail, is it criminal? Or they simply cancel the visa? Deport you?

What stories have you heard about this in your long experience in Thailand Ubonjoe?

Thanks

back in early 2000's there were guys taking passport to get stamps. You paid a fee and stayed in BKK as your passport takes a trip. Then guys got greedy made their owns stamps and allot of guys that got caught with fake stamps had problems. I cant recall the fines.