Dengue fever in Detudom province?

downtown

Hi folks. Just about to set off on our annual voyage to deepest darkest det udom from the Uk. Not the time of the year I would chose to go but I guess I have the school to thank for that.  has there been much media coverage of dengue fever in Ubon this rainy season, particularly in detudom/nahm yuen?

thanks

Certainly a lot of media coverage of dengue fever on the local Ubon radio stations. Every morning for the past few weeks, the public address system in our area in central Ubon city has been putting out dengue fever warnings from the Public Welfare Department. Warnings about getting rid of standing still water around houses and not sitting outside in the evenings.

This wet season has been exceptionally wet. Day after day of rain. Often not heavy showers (though the last 24 hours have been heavy) but constant drizzle. Everything is damp. Ideal breeding conditions for mosquitoes.

This rain pattern is all over Ubon province and a greater part of northeast Thailand. I expect it is the same down in Amphur Det Udom.

If this weather continues through into September, and the normal heavy rains fall in August and September, I think we could be in for very heavy flooding in some parts. The Mun river and the little Mun river are running very high at the moment.

Bring your gumboots from the UK.

Archived