Racism and Bigotry Among Thailand Expats

18 minutes ago, elliss said:

After  15  years living  LOS,  i have met too  many judgemental, bigot hypocritical  farlangs ,

now i have given up on  farlangs  . They were social misfits in their home  countries ,

and they continue to be much the same   in Thailand.

I avoid them like the  black plague , life experiences , i could have well done  without

Thats your porogative but answer me this. If you have given up on us social misfits as you call us all and you ovoid us all like the black plauge, why are you posting on a farang forum?. Close the door on your way out wont you

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

As an example - I want to hire a phone receptionist for my wealth management co. I want to hire a female who speaks clearly and easily understood.

I hire the white - Am I racist?

Not sure about the racist part, but you appear to be a bit archaic with your automatic choice of gender for "a phone receptionist".

Why can't the "best and smartest" be a man?

Something you don't even want to consider?

Doesn't seem fair and balanced to me...

:coffee1:

6 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Thats your porogative but answer me this. If you have given up on us social misfits as you call us all and you ovoid us all like the black plauge,

why are you posting on a farang forum?. Close the door on your way out wont you

Is english your first language?

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Not sure about the racist part, but you appear to be a bit archaic with your automatic choice of gender for "a phone receptionist".

I admit to being sexist when i employed staff for my buisness in UK. Male on the shop floor and always female front of house and reception.

Just now, iReason said:

Who cares sir if it's his company. What business is it of yours or governments?  we don't want the nanny state here it's one reason we came here! go back to your nanny PC country if you don't like it. Sometimes hotels/restaurants want a woman what's the big deal?  Asia is very honest about it. 

40 minutes ago, rijb said:

There are more people in slavery today than ever before.  And you're one of the beneficiaries.

I think that's because CNN changed the definition of slavery to be far more inclusive than it was when there was real slavery in many countries.  By current definitions I suppose the draft would be considered slavery as would learning many trades.  Family farming in many countries would also fall under the media's definition of slavery.  In comparison to many small dairy farmers in the USA slaves have a better life or so I used to tell my father.:smile:

2 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Who cares sir if it's his company. What business is it of yours or governments?  we don't want the nanny state here it's one reason we came here! go back to your nanny PC country if you don't like it. Sometimes hotels/restaurants want a woman what's the big deal?  Asia is very honest about it. 

He judges a poster by their avatar. :cheesy:

5 minutes ago, amvet said:

I think that's because CNN changed the definition of slavery to be far more inclusive than it was when there was real slavery in many countries.  By current definitions I suppose the draft would be considered slavery as would learning many trades.  Family farming in many countries would also fall under the media's definition of slavery.  In comparison to many small dairy farmers in the USA slaves have a better life or so I used to tell my father.:smile:

This is what I found...

Definitions of modern-day slavery are mainly taken from the 1956 UN supplementary convention, which says: "debt bondage, serfdom, forced marriage and the delivery of a child for the exploitation of that child are all slavery-like practices and require criminalisation and abolishment".

16 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Who cares sir if it's his company.

What business is it of yours or governments?  

we don't want the nanny state here it's one reason we came here! go back to your nanny PC country if you don't like it.

Sometimes hotels/restaurants want a woman what's the big deal?  Asia is very honest about it. 

"go back to your nanny PC country if you don't like it."

You appear quite agitated, overwrought and defensive over an open question offered and a simple observation given.

1 minute ago, iReason said:

"go back to your nanny PC country if you don't like it."

You appear quite agitated, overwrought and defensive over an open question offered and a simple observation given.

That's just a reflection in your computer screen.  Move your chair slightly to the left.

32 minutes ago, binjalin said:

discriminatory question!  

Discriminatory.

Darn, that's the word I was searching for and couldn't come up with

when I was responding to the other poster who was considering hiring women only.

C'est la vie...

Edited by iReason

10 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Troll good-bye gramer police

Dear no, I wouldn't dream of acting as a grammar policeman. Never do.

That's why I wanted to be sure if you had a grasp of the english language before I continued.

No harm intended.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Err maybe because white people enslaved blacks for a very long time and contributed to the lack of progress by holding them back in matters like education and err freedom. 

So ,  without  white intervention  prey forgive us ,

would  black people, aka non whites,  have progressed  from their native  environment .?

Mister Obama is a fine example  , for non whites to follow,  imho .

Edited by elliss

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, Rc2702 said:

The funniest ones are the guys who bare children to thai women then slag off non whites or blame their countries take on immigrants and yet they are pretty much in the same boat as the people they complain about.

Funniest ones are those that think guys can bear children :wink:

I have a Thai wife and support her, immigrants are generally different, they come expecting housing and benefits.

14 hours ago, Ahab said:

But your original post was about racism expressed by expats in Thailand. If you are unwilling to be drawn into a debate about racism, why start a post about a topic you are unwilling to discuss?  Am I missing something from the OP?

My thoughts exactly, give examples or don't post in the first place. Pretty poor excuse really. I mix with a fair few ex-pats here and I would say that they swing more to the right than left wing but to call them bigoted and racist is pathetic. Most are disappointed with the direction their country is going, for example German friends and Germany.

6 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Now posters have taken this thread well off track. Why can`t you keep to the subject at hand. This is about the racist and bigoted attitudes of expats living in Thailand. Or do some find staying on track too technical?

Personally, I think this thread is grandly exposing "the racist and bigoted attitudes of expats living in Thailand."

Those who are, will take those abhorrent points of view wherever they go.

Just as they brought them here.

Thanks for putting it up. :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, TheLobster said:

Funniest ones are those that think guys can bear children :wink:

I have a Thai wife and support her, immigrants are generally different, they come expecting housing and benefits.

My thoughts exactly, give examples or don't post in the first place. Pretty poor excuse really. I mix with a fair few ex-pats here and I would say that they swing more to the right than left wing but to call them bigoted and racist is pathetic. Most are disappointed with the direction their country is going, for example German friends and Germany.

Lobster, an immigrant is simply a person who lives permanently  in a foreign country. - debatable yes but the differential is very little and whilst you may not have the opportunity to claim benefits you very likely do not contribute to upkeep and maintenance of the country unless of course you count supporting your wife - hope not. So you kind of do get a free ride if that is your position.

Not sure you understood the children point either. Men slagging off people different to them and yet they produce children different to them and the majority of society they live in. How does that have a happy ending how do you give your child a pass and then slag off non whites without causing issues to your own kid? Be more specific about who you dislike to avoid hurting kids feelings?

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Lobster, an immigrant is simply a person who lives permanently  in a foreign country. - debatable yes but the differential is very little and whilst you may not have the opportunity to claim benefits you very likely do not contribute to upkeep and maintenance of the country unless of course you count supporting your wife - hope not. So you kind of do get a free ride if that is your position.

You seem like a bit of an ignorant twit from your post, but I'll give you a chance to explain before unloading both barrels. Where is my free ride?

25 minutes ago, iReason said:

Personally, I think this thread is grandly exposing "the racist and bigoted attitudes of expats living in Thailand."

Those who are, will take those abhorrent points of view wherever they go.

Just as they brought them here.

Thanks for putting it up. :thumbsup:

Correct. Some posters want me to give examples so they can diverse and then start delving into the politics of any groups I mention

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Not sure you understood the children point either. Men slagging off people different to them and yet they produce children different to them and the majority of society they live in. How does that have a happy ending how do you give your child a pass and then slag off non whites without causing issues to your own kid? Be more specific about who you dislike to avoid hurting kids feelings?

My sentiments exactly. They want me to give examples which will give them certain peoples to debate about, but I won`t give them that pleasure. Racists and bigots will always reveal themselves only on this thread they are hoping someone will open the door for them to come out and provide a stage to express their views. Well, that ain`t going to be me. Let other posters start the ball rolling by choosing specific groups and show their true colours. Otherwise this is about general racism shared by a large section of expats in Thailand and if some prefer to separate this into categories, then please go ahead, the floor is open for you.

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

My sentiments exactly. 

Then you are talking crap as well, as I expected. You may know a small group of people in your little world and decide some of them have extreme views. IME most ex-pats don't but they do have concerns that lead them to the right politically.