Yet More Problems With Email Notifications

Mobi

I haven't been around much lately, but I have now established that my notification of new topics in subscribed forums is very patchy, and almost non- existent.

Some new topics turn up in my control box, and some don't appear anywhere. I have missed loads of new topics - especially in the Press Clippings and Pattaya Forums. The odd one still appears, but most are just not coming. I'm not sure about reply notifications - but I suspect some of those are going astray as well.

Anyone else have this problem? And what can I do to solve it?

Thanks

I have the same problem, seemed to be around the time the system upgrade took place. Probably much less then half of my e-mail notifications arrive. Not in junk, Inbox or Trash. No indication by looking at the e-mail server log files that they even got here.

Could it be anything to do with the damaged cables off Taiwan?

Seems to have started around then. Everything went haywire for a few days and my TV emails haven't been the same since.

Just a thought?

yep same same. probably not at your end mobi.

Me too. I didn't get email notifications from some subscriptions. I just discovered I didn't get one from 30-12-2006; should be more that I've missed.

LP

Still missing loads of notifiactions on new topics in forums I have subscribed to.

Only a trickle get through to my email inbox.

Replies on existing topics seem to be a little better - but it's bit difficult to check, so I'm not sure.

Is anything being done about this problem George?

Thanks

Mobi

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Still missing loads of notifiactions on new topics in forums I have subscribed to.

Only a trickle get through to my email inbox.

Replies on existing topics seem to be a little better - but it's bit difficult to check, so I'm not sure.

Is anything being done about this problem George?

Thanks

Mobi

Nothing's changed yet. Still many NOT getting through.

Anyone else still missing notifications?

Seems to be extremely arbritrary: what gets through and what doesn't.

GEORGE - ANYONE- HELP!!!!!! :o:D :D

Yeah, I get for example, notifications about the last word every time, and I get some of the more "breaking news" items, and some random threads.

I DID get my weekly "NEW TOPIC" notification this morning (all however many of them).

But as to individual thread new post notifications, sparse and sparingly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to keep posting here until I get an acknowledgement from Admin that something is wrong.

I'm still getting sparse notification on new topics in my subscribed forums - namely Thailand Press clippings, Pattaya Foprum, and general topics. Strangely I seem to get all email notifiactions for new topics in DD.

All subscriotions are set up for immediate email notification.

Can someone, somewhere please say what's going on? :o

(And thanks Monty for trying to help :D )

Can someone, somewhere please say what's going on? :o

(And thanks Monty for trying to help :D )

I'll put my name on the list again too. Get about 25-30% only, also inconsistant. Mod forum e-mails seem the most consistant for me. Increase e-mail queue time of life perhaps?

No indications in our logs that something is wrong on our mail server. I am reluctant to do any changes in our system before the Taiwan cable thing is conformed solved.

Also, some ISP are notoriosly filtering these kind of emails. What email address domains do you guys use? [hotmail.com, gmail.com yahoo.com ?]

No indications in our logs that something is wrong on our mail server. I am reluctant to do any changes in our system before the Taiwan cable thing is conformed solved.

Also, some ISP are notoriosly filtering these kind of emails. What email address domains do you guys use? [hotmail.com, gmail.com yahoo.com ?]

Mine is a university e-mail server that I maintain and I do no filtering. Log files show they are not arriving - .cmu.ac.th Only started after the last major forum upgrade. Do you know what the TTL for the queue is?

Thanks George - at long last there is some official acknowledgement that there is a problem.

My Internet providor is is Ipstar (which is pretty good these days), and I use Gmail. Never had this kind of problem before - it was either all or nothing in the past; not this 20 % of new topics and about 80% of replies to topics.

I'll monitor over the next few days and let you know if there is any improvement.

I'll add my 2 baht.

I'm subscribed to the jokes forum, an email for every new topic, sometimes i get them sometimes not. All new topics by member=jamesyboi were never emailed. It doesn't worry me too much, just reporting it.

I'm using Gmail, just 1 TV mail into junk in the last 30 days; ISP in OZ.

// edit, ill see if the server changes made some diffenence

Edited by Grover

Thanks Mobi,

Please let us know as soon you see the mails coming in.

Cheers :o

Hi george,

I don't think much has changed.

There were a number of new topics in the Thailand press Clippings forum yesterday, that post dated your "fix" , which I didn't not receive emails for, and a quick check this morning reveals at least one in the Pattaya Forum ('Cool House Restaurant') and two in the General Forum ('Mosquito Nets' & 'Whats' Blinking in the Sky') for which I have received no notification.

I did get notification on a couple of other new topics so, it seems the same as before - very hit and miss.

Mobi

We are still checking up this issue and doing some voodoo. Please check if notifications from now on is going through?

There's one press clippings issued at 19.39 last night (early general election), and at least 4 new topics in the general forum issued today on which I have not received any email notification.

Seems like nothing has changed.

Sorry :o

We are still checking up this issue and doing some voodoo. Please check if notifications from now on is going through?

There's one press clippings issued at 19.39 last night (early general election), and at least 4 new topics in the general forum issued today on which I have not received any email notification.

Seems like nothing has changed.

Sorry :o

No joy here either. Thought I'd wait at least 24 hours for the changes to propagate through, but looks the same. Will look at the MX records and the other tweaks when I have a chance today or tomorrow.

Just checked again as at 1.53 pm.

2 new topics Thailand Press cliipings and 3 in General topics have not been emailed to me.

1 further topic in General Topics was emailed, and I was notified of 1 new one in Bedlam.

Seems about the same as before.

George, I 'm sorry to report that things are worse than ever.

Hardly anything is coming through now, including replies to existing topics, which in the main were coming through unhindered before.

Strange thing is that I have this message in my GMail icon:

"Cannot read your messages (bad data; 6)"

(This is the icon I click on to get my new messages)

I've never had this before, and I only use this Gmail account for Thai Visa, so I can't help feeling TV has something to do with these 'bad messages'.

The damage done to the cables in Taiwan is what is affecting telecommunications.In China it is impossible to sign in to Hotmail,Yahoo,AOL only at specific times when there is a "window" usually middle of the night.They are experiencing major problems with the internet and also international calls.When the problem is fixed who knows?Major pain in the butt!