Ferry Pattaya - Hua Hin

dsfbrit

We live in Pattaya and are thinking of taking a 3 day break to Hua HIn. I fancy trying the ferry.

It does not run on days when the weather is too rough. That makes it a bit difficult to plan a trip/book an hotel in advance etc...

I know that no one can predict the weather, but I am trying to get a 'feel' as to how often the ferry runs or is cancelled at this time of year due to rough weather. So I guess my question is, does anyone know how often the ferry has been cancelled over the past couple of weeks?

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cranky said:

Easy to bash the hell out of this place, almost too easy, so worth praising a genuinely good service on the rare occasion one appears.  Yes, they cancel in bad weather - I'm sure the 'bashers' would be happier if one sank in a storm so they could put the boot in..

Your optimism is admirable Cranky,may I ask how long you have been living here?

Thanks very much to you all for the replies. Like you say, there seems to be little information about cancellations.

I have lived in Pattaya for 14 years and we have been to Hua Hin many times.

We have driven down there, used the bus from North Pattaya and gone via Bangkok - both by bus and train.

As my wife doesn't like the uncertainty of the ferry, I am going on my own and I don't mind turning up without a hotel booking. If it is cancelled I will just try again another day.

It should be fun.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

Plan your trip and if you get to the ferry and its not running get the yellow bus a few hours later.

5 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

Plan your trip and if you get to the ferry and its not running get the yellow bus a few hours later.

Uh, be  careful...Roong Reuang runs a daily bus from Pattaya to HH and HH to Pattaya. Both leave at 11:00 and take 4-5 hours. The ferry leaves Pattaya at 10:00 and leaves HH at 12:20. So the times are not  compatible. I am not sure what this Yellow Bus is you refer to. I think it no longer travels to the western seaboard. 

11 hours ago, Seligne2 said:

Uh, be  careful...Roong Reuang runs a daily bus from Pattaya to HH and HH to Pattaya. Both leave at 11:00 and take 4-5 hours. The ferry leaves Pattaya at 10:00 and leaves HH at 12:20. So the times are not  compatible. I am not sure what this Yellow Bus is you refer to. I think it no longer travels to the western seaboard. 

Hmm, yes the Yellow bus is Roong Reuang and a simple look at the timetable http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.html would tell you they have bus leave Pattaya at 16.30, 18.30 and 20.30 daily no mention of an 11 o clock bus.

Come on man at least try to give the OP correct information.

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

Hmm, yes the Yellow bus is Roong Reuang and a simple look at the timetable http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.html would tell you they have bus leave Pattaya at 16.30, 18.30 and 20.30 daily no mention of an 11 o clock bus.

Come on man at least try to give the OP correct information.

its no the same bus ,the 11 o'clock is a different bus and it's gray,so please give the OP the correct information.

or the direct bus with Bell Travel,it's the same that go to the airport,and I think it's a nice drive.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/public-bus/

3 minutes ago, Bsdk said:

its no the same bus ,the 11 o'clock is a different bus and it's gray,so please give the OP the correct information.

or the direct bus with Bell Travel,it's the same that go to the airport,and I think it's a nice drive.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/public-bus/

It might be a different bus but the one i mentioned was yellow bus and that leaves at 16.30, 18.30 and 20.30.

6 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

It might be a different bus but the one i mentioned was yellow bus and that leaves at 16.30, 18.30 and 20.30.

no problem,we are both right and life is to short to argue on such a issue.

I'm actully take the airport bus from Hua Hin today at 18.00,but don't looking forward to the long cues at the Swamp and a full plane with Thai Airways to Copenhagen.

Have a nice day

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2017 at 0:01 PM, Cranky said:

A taxi from Pattaya to Hua Hin is going to cost 4-5 grand each way and take about 5 hours, if you do it non-stop on a good day with no extra traffic.  Mini-bus death trap a lot cheaper, big bus even cheaper, equally miserable but better survival rates.  Train if you are not in a hurry.  

Ferry is great, 2,500 'business-class' return, well worth the extra.  I saw a couple of chaps in wheelchairs and they were assisted each end by excellent staff.  Very comfortable and they even bring round a coffee and water.  It is a bit of a ride into Hua Hin from the terminal, 300 baht taxi ride each way or muck about with songtaews or the like for 50 Baht.

Easy to bash the hell out of this place, almost too easy, so worth praising a genuinely good service on the rare occasion one appears.  Yes, they cancel in bad weather - I'm sure the 'bashers' would be happier if one sank in a storm so they could put the boot in..

Thanks for info. Should be good because I have someone to drive me to the teminal in Hua Hin. Nice to read  your post instead of all the demented Thai bashers.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...