Insect eggs under dogs skin

Not my dog, a friends Lab' had a lump that was growing and the vet said it was full of fly eggs (translation).

Does anyone know what insect it is that does this and is it actually a fly.

After removal its quite a big wound and I would like to know if anyone has experienced this on their dog and a good way to help the wound to heal.

My friends not in the best of health himself so I would like to know more so I can maybe help him with the dog.

A picture of the open wound would help!

Having said that,

1. Shave the area around the wound.

Then, at least once a day:

1 Clean the shaved area with alcohol.

2. Clean the wound with sterile water.

3. Clean the wound with a 10% iodine Povidine solution, the stuff in the little yellow bottles (not pure 100% iodine).

4. Spread an antibiotic cream on the wound such as terramycin or tegaderm hydrogel.

5.  Cover the wound with a sterile dressing.

6. Cover the entire area with an adhesive non-woven fabric bandage ( I use 10mm Fixomull Stretch and cut to size)

7.  Get antibiotics from the vet and give as prescribed, if possible.

Fly eggs and after that maggots. Maggots eats the flesh and can make huge painful wounds in a VERY short time. 

If so, you need the stuff/powder that kills the maggots. That serves as an antibiotic at the same time.  
I forgot the name of the powder, but most pet-shops have it. And your vet certainly will know. 

Indeed you first cut the hair around the wound. Then put the powder in it. You can repeat that a few times. Wait a little and you will see the maggots crawling out. You can take it out with a tweezer. 
Repeat a few times to make sure all maggots are out and or dead. If not, repeat the process. 
If done well you will see the wound starts healing in one or two days. 
You can put antibiotic powder in the wound and give the meds the vet provided. Also cover the wound lightly. Not too tied or the healing process slows down. 

Wishing both dog and owner a speedy recovery. 

5 hours ago, Nienke said:

Also cover the wound lightly. Not too tied or the healing process slows down. 

The Fixomull Stretch that I use and recommended above is a breathable adhesive bandage and is difficult for the animal to remove and lets air in .  It's sold in various widths, I use 10mm, and in various lengths.  The small pharmacy here will but it to order, 70 baht/meter, 500 baht for a 10mm x 10M box.