Or-Ah-Hahn-Thai Restaurant

SidJames

12 hours ago, roger101 said:

I know I'm thick but can you give me a more detailed description on where it is. I'm always looking for a cheap place to take the wife. Not being a cheap charlie but I find that if we go to a European restaurant she always orders (cheap) Thai and a luxurious decor doesnt impress. Her favorite was The Fish (all you can eat b-b-q 199 baht).

Center Condo is behind it. The old Cucumber would be to the right (looking at the picture). 

Screenshot_20171204-083646.png

I know you probably wont believe me but it seems that the builders are behind schedule & it won't be ready until after the weekend.
Usually they are very precise about time but at least it's progressing.

No reason not to believe you. Do you have a bad reputation I don't know about?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, SidJames said:

I know you probably wont believe me but it seems that the builders are behind schedule & it won't be ready until after the weekend.

I came past yesterday, and the shutters was up, and there was no building work going on.

All the equipment is still there, and the restaurant is full of tables and chairs piled up.

Maybe the work is going on upstairs ?

The Owner was out the front of the restaurant trying to fix the pavement which has been dug up again.

18 hours ago, SidJames said:

Swiss-level precision?

A bit of wait time on food this evening which was to be expected on the grand re-opening.

I'm guessing that the building has some kind of preservation order on it as they basically kept the interiors exactly the same.

Quite a mean feat to completely copy the old restaurant layout including decor, furniture & kitchen but they managed it somehow, took the 4 months but they did it.

There was no foie gras or lobster on the menu when I finally got a seat but I still had an excellent meal.

If that tyre company ever manage to get down here then no doubt they will be issuing their first ever 4 star rating

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/michelin-guide-bangkok-2017/?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottommedium

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:18 AM, SidJames said:

as they basically kept the interiors exactly the same.

Quite a mean feat to completely copy the old restaurant layout including decor, furniture & kitchen but they managed it somehow, took the 4 months but they did it.

Sorry for this but not knowing the restaurant are you saying they closed it for 4 months for no apparent reason?

2 hours ago, topt said:

Sorry for this but not knowing the restaurant are you saying they closed it for 4 months for no apparent reason?

I don't know the reason but I do know that there were some health problems in the family as relayed to me by one of them before they closed.

I'm glad they all seem well & that they are open (please forgive the sarcasm of my earlier posts)