Aircon Cleaning

Farang two dot zero

As with everything in Thailand, it varies.

I had them twice for cleaning. One time was good, the other was not.

So I would not use them again for cleaning though I would certainly have them install a new air-con and I might get them in for repairs.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

So I would not use them again for cleaning though I would certainly have them install a new air-con and I might get them in for repairs.

Like with their cleaning service, I think Numchai's installation team is hit or miss, too.  They tried to take some shortcuts installing my two new air con units this spring.  One example:  They weren't going to use the (included) rubber pads between the feet of the compressor and the metal wall-mounting bracket until I noticed and asked them to use them.

8 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Like with their cleaning service, I think Numchai's installation team is hit or miss, too.  They tried to take some shortcuts installing my two new air con units this spring.  One example:  They weren't going to use the (included) rubber pads between the feet of the compressor and the metal wall-mounting bracket until I noticed and asked them to use them.

Thailand = hit and miss.

6 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Residential AC you can do yourself. Very easy.

Well, easy if you have a Karcher type device and a suitable plastic sheet to channel the waste water.

Personally I would rather pay some local clown 400B and watch them like a hawk.

Residential AC you can do yourself. Very easy.

I've done it myself a few times
It wasnt easy...the plastic covers brake easily, the condenser
(outside unit) are often installed in places making cover removal impossible if you shot high power water with those high power washers it will easily damage the cooling fins on condenser and evaporator coils, the water can and in my experience does get everywhere including into the mainboard electronics panel and fan motors
thats why the cleaning teams have a high power blower to dry everything out before turning the electric back on.
Without a pressure washer it is a horrible job to clean the cage wheel fan...took me hours to clean with a toothbrush...removing it is even more of a task because of stupid design (maybe uniquely bad design of York aircons ? but doubt it )

For 400+ baht its good value to have someone else do it

But.....

The cleaning teams often "forget"
to clean the condensation drainage pipe,or refit the draining tray incorrectly which results in cold water streaming down the inside of the walls in the middle of the night
If your computer or other electronics are under the evaporator
(inside unit) they could be ruined.

/ rant !

• 2 weeks later...