Road rage knife man turns himself in - and is fined just 500 baht!

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, halloween said:

To save later explanation, a friend's brother was murdered in a drunken brawl.

Ambiguous at best - did you really mean a bunch of drunks agreed, before starting a brawl, to kill a specific person in the subsequent melee? And that the brawlers also agreed the death would, somehow, cancel the need for explanation of some unrelated matter?

From another perspective, I can't imagine how a murder charge could result from a drunken brawl without proof of premeditation supported by a confession.

2 hours ago, sandemara said:

Ambiguous at best - did you really mean a bunch of drunks agreed, before starting a brawl, to kill a specific person in the subsequent melee? And that the brawlers also agreed the death would, somehow, cancel the need for explanation of some unrelated matter?

From another perspective, I can't imagine how a murder charge could result from a drunken brawl without proof of premeditation supported by a confession.

No, I meant her brother was involved in a drunken 2 man brawl, during which he had his brains bashed out with a brick, apparently in front of witnesses. The explanation was to save questions regarding police handling a murder without going to the courts.

If you want to imagine, picking up a brick during a fight and repeatedly hitting someone in the head with isn't murder, that up to you. The murderer wasn't charged, it never went to court, as long as he agreed to pay the victim's family compensation and complied with the settlement.