Ubc Moving Address Farce!

ashacat

For the guy who said UBC was a ripoff, he's probably right. However, if you have the money and it doesn't really hurt you financially, why not do it? UBC has the best and widest selection of channels, which really isn't much, and for the amount of channels the bill is too high. But, if you want to watch football every week, for instance I want to watch Liverpool every week, it's a great service to have. They show just about every Premiership game on ESPN and Star Sports every week. Some of them are delayed to later in the week, but the big teams almost always are live or delayed an hour or two. I'm not British but I understand you can't get this even in England. So, it's good for the sports and the rest is just fluff. But, like I say, if you have the money then it's not going to affect you too much. It didn't bother me because I was happy to get so many matches.

Theres more football on our Cable than on UBC. We also get cricket without adverts, rugby and the Championship. UBC and Thai TV between them also missed most of the opening games of the world cup, and there was no English comentary whereas cable showed the lot in english.

To the poster that says UBC is good value, is it 7 - 8 times better than cable? thas about the price difference.

Various companies on Phuket depending where you live.

Edited by Dupont

alternatives to UBC:

1.satellite dish with C & Ku band: cost between 20-30K, you will be able to receive most channels as UBC.

No monthly payments, there have been many postings about this already

Do a search on this forum about satellites and you will get all the info you need

I believe that in order to get the more popular channels from UBC on your satellite dish without monthly payments you will need a pirated card. This will often be supplied by the company you bought the system from but it won't be legal.

Sophon

you really should do some research on this forum about 'dream-agila-satellite-ubc".

UBC signal is indeed scrambled but you can get hbo-cinemax-espn and all the other so called "ubc" channels on agila Ku satellite, with a dish and receiver you can get dozens of satellites and hundreds of channels without a card.

If you want astro or the real ubc you will need a card but you don't need the card for "dream fillippine".

Speaking of the real UBC: you can get it without card through internet combined with your own dish and receiver, with thai subtitles. You buy the dish + receiver + modem and you pay a yearly fee of 3,000 baht.

check with the local satellite equipment shops like ufo-jsat-satthai...