Driving to Bangkok from Pattaya---best value convenient parking

leddie

For day trip, do not wish to drive right into city, but park on fringe and take MTS, MRT or airport rail link into city center.  Am aware of airport parking, but going for 8-10 hours so if there is a cheaper parking option that would be great.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, leddie said:

Can you be more specific.....also my typo in OP should be BTS not MTS

Drive around the station that you want to use until you find a mooban to park in. Park, and walk to the station. Be discreet. Don't piss anybody off. Simple, and free.

Edited by over it
because...

I go to the Lat Krabang Sky Link stop.  Easy and cheap parking.  Easy ride into Bangkok.  Early trains do fill up quite a bit.  I can't remember, but I believe Bearing or Bang Na BTS stops have parking nearby.  Don't have to go all the way down Sukhumvit into town as it's normally packed there.

Mega Bangna/Ikea has wised up to the fact that people are using their facility as a park and ride to commute into inner city Bangkok and now has instituted a parking charge, the first 8 hours is free, which is still quite generous and workable, if you 'overstayed' the 8 hours, the parking can be validated for free until 3AM with a purchase of 800.- Baht, otherwise it's 500 Baht charge for the day's parking, overnight stay (beyond 3AM cutoff) is 1,000 baht a day to stop people leaving their car there and going to the Airport i guess

Edited by digbeth

At Bearing BTS station there's a park and ride facility for 80 baht a day, this is on Sukhumvit, if you come from Pattaya turn left into Sukhumvit instead of right into OnNut, make a U turn under the station and the car park lot is just under the station on the other side,

Further down the BTS line at Samrong there's even cheaper car park for 50 baht a day but is a bit further away from the station requiring a bit of a walk, and traffic there is almost as bad as driving into Bangkok proper

Edited by digbeth

18 hours ago, over it said:

Drive around the station that you want to use until you find a mooban to park in. Park, and walk to the station. Be discreet. Don't piss anybody off. Simple, and free.

Sounds a bit risky.....

18 hours ago, joepattaya1961 said:

If you're alone for the day trip, take the bus from Jomtien to the airport.

With 2 it may be worthwile to use the airport parking (250 baht per day)

Otherwise follow the advise from the other posters

No I specifically mentioned driving, as I need the car.  If I wanted the bus, I would have mentioned. But thanks anyway.