11 nabbed with 400kg of “ice”

snoop1130

11 nabbed with 400kg of “ice”

drug.jpg

Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB) police have arrested 11 suspects and seized from them 400 kilogrammes of crytal methamphetamine in a major drug suppression operation, Pol Gen Chalermkiat Sriworakhan said at a press conference on Thursday (Aug 3).

Pol Gen Chalermkiat said the operation was conducted on information that a group of drug traders planned to deliver a large quanity of drugs along the route from Nong Khai to Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Chaiyaphum, Lop Buri, Saraburi, Nonthaburi, Samut Sakhon and Phetchaburi.  The drugs were to be further delivered to clients in Songkhla province in the South.

On July 28 at about 4am, the police followed three vehicles–a Toyota Fortuner, a Toyota Vios and a Mitsubishi Pajero–into Kasalong Resort on a bypass in Muang district of Khon Kaen province.

In a search of the vehicles, the police found about 402kg of crystal methamphetamine and arrested five suspects.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/11-nabbed-400kg-ice/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-8-3

10 hours ago, over it said:

Should have used a plane with that much. In a tangential note, I wonder how long it will take to redistribute it....

Much like the big haul of heroin which was seized in the French Connection bust, it will mysteriously disappear from the police evidence locker. 

Well done, I must say it gets boring reading the unsubstantiated comments regarding the law enforcement being so totally corrupt that these drugs will be back on the street.

To be honest, I don't believe it.

Are there corrupt and crooked cops??  Yes, more than in most countries.

Is it getting better in Thailand ??  Yes, I believe it is.

I am pleased that at least some of this scourge is off the streets.

27 minutes ago, over it said:

This is the modern way of paying the BIB their cut. 

And again someone has to be there! Cut! Brown Envelope! Tea Money! and so on......

Can´t you people just say that it´s good work done! 

53 minutes ago, halloween said:

BIB do seem to be having notable success in the last few days. 2 million pills and 65kg of meth seized in Chiang Rai (yesterday's BP).

How noteable is that?

They can sell 1 million pills per day, they manufacture 5 million and lose 4 million.

Big deal.

7 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

How noteable is that?

They can sell 1 million pills per day, they manufacture 5 million and lose 4 million.

Big deal.

I would attempt to explain the effect of supply and demand on pricing, and how that affects total consumption, but what would be the point?

37 minutes ago, retarius said:

What about Mr Big who financed it? His name and details will surely have been given up by one of the eleven in custody? Usually there is no follow up. I wonder why?

It's doubtful they'd know anyone related to financing or organising these things. The people they would have dealt with would most likely be a long way down the chain from Mr Big IMO

1 hour ago, rosst said:

Well done, I must say it gets boring reading the unsubstantiated comments regarding the law enforcement being so totally corrupt that these drugs will be back on the street.

To be honest, I don't believe it.

Are there corrupt and crooked cops??  Yes, more than in most countries.

Is it getting better in Thailand ??  Yes, I believe it is.

I am pleased that at least some of this scourge is off the streets.

The lack of confidence in the BiB is well earned by them and their total lack of ability when it comes to certain [most] tasks.  

Do the drugs end up being snatched and back on the streets?  Who really knows... there seems to be little accountability for these things.  Evidence is missing, destroyed or never found much too often.

From what I read, it's the higher up positions or more remote/unsupervised posts that some tend not to trust.  After all, how often to we hear about the head cop being involved, having knowledge or being paid off?  Probably not enough as most tend to think they are more involved than what we see or hear about.  

Do the guys working these drug operations get into what they do and do they put themselves in danger and keep large quantities of drugs off the street?  One would have to assume yes.

So yes, to those actually involved in the surveillance and take down... job well done.  

A yaba pill is priced at about 200 baht ($5.75) and crystal meth is 2 million to 5 million baht (U.S. $57,504 to $143,760) per kilo (2.2 pounds), while marijuana sells for about 10,000 to 15,000 baht ($290 to $430) per kilo in the domestic market, officials said.