40,000 month - evidence of funds?

No I am not saying that foreigners or thai people for that reason should not use cash. That was not the issue. It was that there is no law or regulation saying that the income of 40000 bath/month have to go into a thai bank account.

Grandma at 87 leads an almost moneyless life. Very active, there,s always eggs and bits from the garden which she occasionally swaps. Entertainment? She's crazy about Muay Thai on TV at weekends and on weekdays likes to listen to monk chanting etc on her portable radio while she's gardening or spinning yarn which BTW also comes from the garden.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 8/12/2017 at 7:06 AM, catman20 said:

you and your family can live on 40,000 baht a month ?:shock1:

How much do you spend a month has been beaten to death. I have a condo in the farang ghetto and live in my wife's house upcountry. I can and do live on 40,000 baht a month easily and comfortably. If you are paying rent, making car and motorbike payments it may be cutting it close.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Extension based on marriage is 40,000 baht.
Retirement extension is 65,000 baht for a single person.

Is that right? Or have I missed something?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Right.

12 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

Nope. Can live quite comfortably on 40,000 a month.

all i can say is some people obviously have different tastes and ideas of living. i dont mean just staying home all the time and cooking. im talking about 1 or 2 nights out a week holidays cloths cars bikes ect.  if u live in the bush im sure you can survive on 40,000 a month

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

all i can say is some people obviously have different tastes and ideas of living. i dont mean just staying home all the time and cooking. im talking about 1 or 2 nights out a week holidays cloths cars bikes ect.  if u live in the bush im sure you can survive on 40,000 a month

Live, not survive.

Catman, you've repeatedly told posters you don't know how they could live on what they do.
Whilst some may choose to not spend much because they really don't feel the need or they want to keep assets to pass on to their families, others probably simply don't have the means to spend more. As I've just pointed out on another thread, I'd say it's kinda thoughtless to rub their noses in their paucity of resources. Instead they are to be congratulated for being content with what they have.

The enormously wealthy Seneca had a lot to say about this and actually practiced living frugally on occasion as a mental exercise to remove his fear of ruin

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Catman, you've repeatedly told posters you don't know how they could live on what they do.
Whilst some may choose to not spend much because they really don't feel the need or they want to keep assets to pass on to their families, others probably simply don't have the means to spend more. As I've just pointed out on another thread, I'd say it's kinda thoughtless to rub their noses in their paucity of resources. Instead they are to be congratulated for being content with what they have.

The enormously wealthy Seneca had a lot to say about this and actually practiced living frugally on occasion as a mental exercise to remove his fear of ruin

OK i suppose i just from another walk of life im not trying to demean anyone or being rude. maybe i have a better life style.:sorry:

3 minutes ago, catman20 said:

OK i suppose i just from another walk of life im not trying to demean anyone or being rude. maybe i have a better life style.:sorry:

We all have different lifestyles - and suspect that is what your mean.  For many available funds will be a major factor in that decision - but often those with limited income can be comfortable and as happy with their lives as others with much higher resources.  

• Like 1

Oh dear sound like you've been sitting in a cave looking at shadows on the wall all your life.

Peace of mind over materialism any day.

e5870df9b5df9d024c23085eae410949.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

We all have different lifestyles - and suspect that is what your mean.  For many available funds will be a major factor in that decision - but often those with limited income can be comfortable and as happy with their lives as others with much higher resources.  

yes well said and point taken. i obviously am in a minority and trod on some toes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gary A said:

Maybe it is because you feel the need to have to impress people. I don't buy new vehicles because I want to impress people, I buy them because I want them. As I mentioned in a previous post, my wife doesn't own a dress and my uniform of the day is sandals, shorts and a T shirt. If I'm expected to dress up to go somewhere, I don't go. I actually dislike fancy restaurants and hotels.  I'm retired and entitled to live exactly as I choose. Different strokes for different folks. Before I retired, I had to wear a suit and tie every working day for many years, My job required it. When I left the US, there were a lot of well dressed veterans. I gave every suit, tie and long sleeved shirt away. I swore that I'd never wear a suit and tie again and I never have. I DON'T have a budget. Whatever I spend is what I spend. 

I have some shirts in the cupboard I no longer wear that I can send over to you ....

also ...  I could get a couple of dressers for your wife if you like .....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I have some shirts in the cupboard I no longer wear that I can send over to you ....

also ...  I could get a couple of dressers for your wife if you like .....

Thanks but no thanks. I would accept some T shirts if they are not too ragged. My wife has the nasty habit of making mop rags from some of my favorite T shirts. A couple small holes are no reason to throw my T shirts away. She also has this need to iron my clothes. If my clothes are wrinkled, she says her friends will think that she doesn't take good care of her husband. My wife would likely make mop rags from dresses that she will never wear. Maybe I should add that at age 50, she still looks good in a pair of jeans.

• Like 1

Thanks but no thanks. I would accept some T shirts if they are not too ragged. My wife has the nasty habit of making mop rags from some of my favorite T shirts. A couple small holes are no reason to throw my T shirts away. She also has this need to iron my clothes. If my clothes are wrinkled, she says her friends will think that she doesn't take good care of her husband. My wife would likely make mop rags from dresses that she will never wear. Maybe I should add that at age 50, she still looks good in a pair of jeans.

Can she iron my clothes we lost our char?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1