Long term visa for Indian citizen

I'm looking for a long term (one year?) visa solution for my girlfriend, who comes from India. We live in Phuket. 

We've been here 6 years. So far she's been working legally and had a non b, but now we decided she'll stay home with our kids. We though she's start studying Thai and get an Ed visa but we've been told by three different languages schools in Phuket, that they can't get a one year Ed visa for an Indian. 

We're not married, our kids are too small off school, and we don't want it send them to a Thai school anyway. 

Are we left with any options and what are they?

Her options are limited because she can only obtain visas from India and it is very unlikely that one year visa of any kind could be obtained from the Indian Thai Embassy/Consulates. 

You could consider marriage which would open the possibility of her remaining as your dependent. (that assumes you have an extension of stay) 

Edited by Here2008

I would of suggested if one of  the children were attending school and were on extensions of stay she would be able to get an extension for being their parent by showing 500k baht in a Thai bank. But she would have to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for it.

Unless she was attending a university there would be no one year extension of stay for attending school. For informal schools such as those for Thai language study the extension are only done for 90 days at a time.

Depending on how important her remaining in Phuket is (and it sounds pretty important), and on your financial circumstances, you could look at the Thailand Elite 5-year option at THB500,000.  Or, if you think you will stay longer than that, the 20-year at THB1 million.  No income requirement, no money-in-the-bank requirement.  Very easy and straightforward to obtain. 

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would of suggested if one of  the children were attending school and were on extensions of stay she would be able to get an extension for being their parent by showing 500k baht in a Thai bank. But she would have to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for it.

Unless she was attending a university there would be no one year extension of stay for attending school. For informal schools such as those for Thai language study the extension are only done for 90 days at a time.

Thank you. I'm wondering, would it be somehow possible to enroll a child in a local school, pay the fees and all, but not send the child to classes? Do they have attendance limits before a student is expelled? I'm guessing it's a too specific question...

How about opening a company to take care of her own work permit. Any idea of the costs of opening and keeping one open?

13 minutes ago, manonthemon said:

Thank you. I'm wondering, would it be somehow possible to enroll a child in a local school, pay the fees and all, but not send the child to classes? Do they have attendance limits before a student is expelled? I'm guessing it's a too specific question...

How about opening a company to take care of her own work permit. Any idea of the costs of opening and keeping one open?

I think you are clutching at straws.  Why suggest attempting  a scam involving the children? 

You also seem to be forgetting that the lady  needs a visa which can only be obtained in India. 

If there is any possible way you can afford it, consider Thailand Elite. As an Indian national, your partner is subject to extreme scrutiny on both visa applications, and other interactions with immigration. Under no circumstances get involved in any scam that could be discovered. Obviously, if she was excluded from Thailand, this would be a disaster for you as a family.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Thailand elite is out of our reach. While we will be avoiding scams , we will have to look for alternative solutions. Going to India to get s visa is not a problem, the availability of a more permanent solution is. 

Edited by manonthemon
Updated information