1 year extension for spouse

I your wife passes away your current extension would remain valid until it expires.

If you get divorced it ends on the date the divorce is finalized. Not a big problem since a divorce does not  happen quickly so you could make arrangement before that day.

If the Thai spouse dies you must inform immigration and complete a form in order to keep the permission to stay. Without doing that the permit to stay (extension) is technically invalid, however, I doubt they would kick someone out of the country that didn't follow the official procedure.

9 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If the Thai spouse dies you must inform immigration and complete a form in order to keep the permission to stay. Without doing that the permit to stay (extension) is technically invalid, however, I doubt they would kick someone out of the country that didn't follow the official procedure.

Please post something to prove your statement or at least a source of that info. Never heard of such a requirement.

2 minutes ago, bangkoklasse said:

You sign this when you get your extension at the immigration office. It say that you can stay in Thailand and your extension is valid if your spouse die.

But it does not say you have to report to immigration if it happens.