Motorbike rumble sound

ESCAPIS

You take the exhaust pipe off

drive around annoying the hell out of everyone in the neighborhood...when they complain claim that

"loud pipes save lifes"

Or take some of the dampening materials from the muffler...need to cut it open and re weld.

I would say the chances of that happening are very low, but it depends on where you live really.
In 11 years with a multitude of modified bikes, I got fined only once (1,000bht) for a loud/modified muffler. 

In Pattaya/Jomtien they are always on the lookout for an excuse for "fines" there have been lots of reports of bikes taken to the police pound "modified" exhausts removed.

1502519590092.jpg

I myself was fined for having a "modified" wrong colour headlight....it was slightly blueish instead of the normal yellowish....

another thing to watch out for is not having the pilion footpegs folded up if not carrying a passenger.

And not carrying a copy of the green book.

18 hours ago, chrissables said:

Get a metal spike and push into the exhaust. When you feel the baffle plate hit it with a hammer and make a small hole. If not loud enough, enlarge the hole.

Like this

And you will still have a TIS stamped exhaust that rumbles :smile:

I wonder what would happen if you put one of those exhaust whistles on a bike?  The ones that some annoying pickup drivers install.  Maybe there aint enough backpressure for it to work?

It sure would be annoying..... up there with those trucks that drive around advertising 'stuff' at full noise.

Perhaps you could get in touch with Fords Mustang department, they now have sound packages to enhance the engine 'noise' to the delight of your neighbours.  But after hours I think its suppose to be on stealth mode.

Im sure someone could rehash one of those 80's clip on bicycle grips that released a ROAR when you twisted it..... you could try a cats tail, but I dont think the cat would be too happy.  Maybe something from Tiger kingdom (Chiang Mai) would give a decent roar but you'd probably only get to use it once.

The possibilities are endless....

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 10:52 AM, chrissables said:

Get a metal spike and push into the exhaust. When you feel the baffle plate hit it with a hammer and make a small hole. If not loud enough, enlarge the hole.

I believe at one time, maybe still, the Goldwings sold in the USA had a plate with a small hole in the pipes that helped restrict the engine due to the build of of exhaust pressure, same idea of a steel rod big hammer and you got more performance and not much increase in noise.

Archived