French man, 72, found dead from alleged suicide in Rawai

webfact

French man, 72, found dead from alleged suicide in Rawai

Eakkapop Thongtub

1502609004_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers transported the man's body to Vachira Hospital. Photo: Sayan Thammaphan

PHUKET: -- Police are investigating the alleged suicide of a 72-year-old French man at a house in Rawai yesterday (Aug 12). Chalong Police were notified of the death at 7pm.

Police identified the man but The Phuket News is withholding the man’s names until it has been confirmed that his family have been notified.

Lt Chanat Hongsitthichaikul of Chalong Police, along with forensic police and rescue workers, arrived at the scene to find the man's body lying face up on a bed in a room on the second floor at a two-storey house in Soi Khokyang in Rawai.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/french-man-72-found-dead-from-alleged-suicide-in-rawai-63444.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-14

Raumjai Rescue foundation what a complete and utter bunch of lowlife scumbags. What the f.......are you thinking! posting selfies and graphic pictures of victims. His family hasn't even been notified yet.

May you all end up, as victims, on your foundations FB page one day.

Edited by Bangyo1948

5 hours ago, helloagain said:

Go to phuket raumjai rescue foundation facebook. They are scum for posting pictures of this dead french man. As if that is not enough 4 of them take a selfie with the dead man. They are SCUM SCUM SCUM

....yeah.....and you was wonder and go to this Site.....shame on you....how hypocrate to publish this here in TV and talk about scum.

20 hours ago, Bangyo1948 said:

Raumjai Rescue foundation what a complete and utter bunch of lowlife scumbags. What the f.......are you thinking! posting selfies and graphic pictures of victims. His family hasn't even been notified yet.

May you all end up, as victims, on your foundations FB page one day.

I have reported the pictures to FB requesting that they be removed.

20 hours ago, ujayujay said:

....yeah.....and you was wonder and go to this Site.....shame on you....how hypocrate to publish this here in TV and talk about scum.

Perhaps he gave you the link so you could go register your disgust there, instead of throwing cheap shots here....

I am not defending their behavior, but I was under the belief thee rescue workers required a photo of them with the deceased, to prove they attended the scene, in order to be paid. 

Of course, this could be a myth.  I may have read it on this forum. 

A few things stood out for me in the video clip.

1)  No body bag used.

2)  Not all staff were wearing gloves, or other personal protective equipment, particularly with so much blood around.

3)  I did not see a police officer overseeing the removal of the body.  The camera man was also a rescue worker because when he points the camera down, you can see his orange uniform.