True Visions rip off

spider1197

I have had True since 5 years and am finding them expensive for what they broadcast.  I have noticed the last several months that shows have disappeared and the reruns are run over and over and over.  I watch mostly in the afternoon and like the History, Discovery etc channels.  They are showing the Pickers season 11 now and checking the current season showing elsewhere is season 17.  The same for many other series.  I am fed up with this and try to find some other way to view my favorites.

if you have a decent internet connection   get an android box   and watch the programes you have mentioned    for free as they are free to air any way    i suggest you download   apps/MOBDRO OR FIRST ONE TV  both free and have many titles in various languages

boxes available on Lazada   just a tip  don't go for the cheapest box and study the specs for latest android version  something like 6.8  i think  Lazada are a bit pricey but do offer C.O.D. free delivery  via Kerry  or EMS

50 minutes ago, BigCinBKK said:

Buy a UHD Smart TV AND WATCH WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

true (no pun intended)   brand name smart tv poss 25 k    android box max 2k

I dropped down to True's Smart Family package just to have a little bit of tv. Subscribed to Netflix and got myself a VPN (works 90% of the time). Only thing I miss is live news. I have an Android box too but it doesn't offer free programs worth watching. Red Bull tv is free if your into that.  

6 minutes ago, RBOP said:

I dropped down to True's Smart Family package just to have a little bit of tv. Subscribed to Netflix and got myself a VPN (works 90% of the time). Only thing I miss is live news. I have an Android box too but it doesn't offer free programs worth watching. Red Bull tv is free if your into that.  

Lots of English language live news on Youtube.

Al Jazeera. Euronews. Sky news(Will need a vpn as of today though)

Why would anyone pay for True when you can pay 300 baht a month and watch netflix via your smart tv. Plus download any of the crap programs that you see on true via piratebay. Give them the flick and get with the program. This is 2017 and everyone is cutting the cord

8 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

Why would anyone pay for True when you can pay 300 baht a month and watch netflix via your smart tv. Plus download any of the crap programs that you see on true via piratebay. Give them the flick and get with the program. This is 2017 and everyone is cutting the cord

Few things in Thailand have made me happier than killing my True account and letting them take a year to come pick up the box. 

Cable tv and the long history of its cousin - the dish cable TV (that would often fail when it was cloudy or raining!) Remember the older cable TV company in Thailand? I remember when it came in 1993 or 94 in Chiang Mai. Big deal. Expensive and had crap shows then but we had no choice and anything was better than nothing. This was the long, sad experience of TV in Thailand because like so many industries (banking!), it is a monopoly. they charged stupidly high fees, gave crap service, and are dinosaurs, though the owners are now probably independently wealthy.

Bye bye. 

I have long been a proponent of torrents for these reasons. when netflix came along and then all the others, I gladly paid for a quality service with a quality product. I see no point in torrenting anymore. 

what is this Youtube news that people are always talking about? I have looked long and hard and find hundreds of MSNBC LIVE NEWS or whatever bit click on them and find only advertisements and nothing resembling their news stream. 

Now youtube has a paid service, I believe. I have not tried it but might if they can do HD or something close enough with advertisements under control

17 minutes ago, davidst01 said:

I agree with this. Netflix (and iflix) are now native apps on my Samsung Smart TV. In my free month on Netflix and I will be sticking with that. Even the most expensive Netflix package is only 420 baht/month for UltraHD, up to 4 devices viewing simultaneously for different family members, and a great range of programmes. Iflix is only 100 baht/month, but very limited content and clunky user interface. TrueVisions never coming back into my house. I will keep Kodi for things I can't get on Netflix.

56 minutes ago, RBOP said:

??  bit lost..

Android box doesn't offer any TV  programs... likewise if you add 'Kodi'  to your box it doesn't offer any programs.. everything can be added............  myself have a number of direct TV websites + Mobdro + firstone TV + Kodi with far more stuff added then I could watch.  Lots Live TV, Live Sports, catch-up if I missed something, Movies, History, Discovery etc..   [find it best to have a number of apps offering the same sort of things encase one will not work when you want it]

All is FREE.... been using IPTV for around 5 years, before that had a big 'move' Sat dish, in over 14 years here have never seen a reason to pay True prices.

16 hours ago, spider1197 said:

like the History, Discovery etc channels.  

I don't think True has any control over what these channels show. For some True channels they choose what programs to show, but for branded channels like The History Channel or Fox Sports or Fox, Warner, Paramount entertainment channels, True doesn't control what individual programs are broadcast.

16 hours ago, spider1197 said:

They are showing the Pickers season 11 now and checking the current season showing elsewhere is season 17.

No new episodes of American Pickers are being made during the US summer so anything they show now has to be reruns. 

Most American series don't produce new episodes during the summer months.

I agree that, especially during the summer, there are a lot of reruns and repeats, but there's still a fair amount of live sports and news programs and during the fall and winter there are more current episodes of various programs.

If you don't like what's available then drop your subscription. Other people have suggested various options. If TV is that important to you, there are apparently plenty of alternatives to True.

For True Gold it's only about Baht 18000 for 13 months ( if I remember correctly). Not enough to get that excited about one way or the other.

3 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

Do I get Moto GP,  UFC fighting,  F 1 ect Sport Boxing and Disney Channel and some other Cartoon channel for children also easy in other way then on True TV? :whistling:

Yes...  I have things like F1 and Moto GP and others added to 'Favourites'  so as soon as Kodi starts click on Favourites and your away...  Never missed a F1 weekend 'LIVE'  for years,  watch all from Practice Friday to Race Sunday, same with Moto GP,  + FREE I do not even use a VPN never found any problems 

4 minutes ago, ignis said:

Never missed a F1 weekend 'LIVE'  for years,  watch all from Practice Friday to Race Sunday, same with Moto GP, 

Nice to be a fan but sheeesh, thats a lot of sitting inside watching others do stuff outside.

5 hours ago, ignis said:

??  bit lost..

Android box doesn't offer any TV  programs... likewise if you add 'Kodi'  to your box it doesn't offer any programs.. everything can be added............  myself have a number of direct TV websites + Mobdro + firstone TV + Kodi with far more stuff added then I could watch.  Lots Live TV, Live Sports, catch-up if I missed something, Movies, History, Discovery etc..   [find it best to have a number of apps offering the same sort of things encase one will not work when you want it]

All is FREE.... been using IPTV for around 5 years, before that had a big 'move' Sat dish, in over 14 years here have never seen a reason to pay True prices.

31 minutes ago, ignis said:

Yes...  I have things like F1 and Moto GP and others added to 'Favourites'  so as soon as Kodi starts click on Favourites and your away...  Never missed a F1 weekend 'LIVE'  for years,  watch all from Practice Friday to Race Sunday, same with Moto GP,  + FREE I do not even use a VPN never found any problems 

So - I in the Countryside - only with SIM card in Internet - would that work? :wink:

On 16/08/2017 at 9:03 AM, davidst01 said:

300bht and how much for VPN or do you just get the Thai dumbed down version?

On 8/15/2017 at 6:45 PM, Lamkyong said:

true (no pun intended)   brand name smart tv poss 25 k    android box max 2k

I have a Samsung HD Smart TV - is that the same as UHD Smart TV or not? If the same, how do I watch whatever I want? I like TV5Monde Asie, but none of the internet TV offerings seem to have it.

Well as True is over 50% owned by CP group then given their alleged high connections and manipulations over the years in order for the family to become unhealthily wealthy why would you be surprised that TRUE rips you off ?

Archived