Thai cops bust tuk tuk driver who demanded ransom for Myanmar passenger’s iPhone

webfact

Thai cops bust tuk tuk driver who demanded ransom for Myanmar passenger’s iPhone

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photo: Channel 8 News

BANGKOK: -- A Bangkok tuk tuk driver was arrested in a police setup yesterday after he demanded THB5,000 in ransom money for a forgotten iPhone from a Myanmar passenger.

A 24-year-old Myanmar woman named Khine Mon Oo sought help from police after she left an iPhone 6 Plus in a tuk tuk. After calling her phone over 20 times, the person who picked up was the tuk tuk driver who had given her a ride earlier that day, and he demanded cash to return it.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/thai-cops-bust-tuk-tuk-driver-demanded-ransom-myanmar-passengers-iphone/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-08-16

There is something seriously lacking in the minds of these people. They seem to believe if they find something it automatically belongs to them. What world do they come from? I know they say possession is nine points of the law but this is going way too far.

Like the bitch in Pattaya I think it was wouldnt give the phone back unless she got Baht 5000. On the subject of which did anyone hear what the final outcome was in that one?

11 hours ago, Get Real said:

Just another perfect public service person in Thailand. When are they going to have weekly lesson, so these crack-heads don´t forget how to behave?

Forget??  I suspect they never knew how to behave, perhaps never shown right from wrong.