Having a issue with parcel that supposed to be dilivered to me but I wasn't even at home.

Samacha

I have ordered a notebook (around 36k bath), i paid the shop (online) via PayPal. They gave me a ems number. And it says it been dilivered. Now I went to asked the post office in khon kaen and they said I signed it with a Thai signature. Lol and I said I never ever sign anything in Thai. They said to contact the post man. Post office is a joke too, I mean no security anything anyone can run around and steal parcels. I was so surprised.

I never worried about it so much before, many parcel that I got per registered mail(eBay or ali express), postman never asked for my ID, he just handed over to me. Months ago was also that I never received anything only registered mail lol. After they changed the post man(woman), everything came.

Well now it's hit me hard as its a big amount lol and it's the first time I peered something from a Thai online shop. What can I do here?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by Samacha

You probably have already, but go into EMS tracking, enter in your EMS number and find out if indeed the parcel went to your house. If it has been signed for, as the Post Office says, then you will see the signature. It will probably give a time of delivery and collection. Print out all the tracking information out and go back to the Post Office and show it to them.  The Post Office will check and they will have the same information. 

Now the tricky part starts. You will have to keep calm and be patient. The Post Office will say you took delivery or someone in your household took delivery.  Stand firm. Ask to see the manager and then ask  the manager to see the person who on that day delivered the EMS parcel to your house.  It is going to be your word against their word. 

You probably have already, but go into EMS tracking, enter in your EMS number and find out if indeed the parcel went to your house. If it has been signed for, as the Post Office says, then you will see the signature. It will probably give a time of delivery and collection. Print out all the tracking information out and go back to the Post Office and show it to them.  The Post Office will check and they will have the same information. 

Now the tricky part starts. You will have to keep calm and be patient. The Post Office will say you took delivery or someone in your household took delivery.  Stand firm. Ask to see the manager and then ask  the manager to see the person who on that day delivered the EMS parcel to your house.  It is going to be your word against their word. 

Oh my, EMS in other countries you have to show ID atleast...... How the hell can they it to any idiot that it's in front of them. I always wonder but this time it hit me with a big amount. Okay I will go to the post office as you say. How are the chances of getting back the money?

yes, track the parcel. verify that the origin of the parcel and whether it's the same as from where the shop sent it. did the shop send you a picture of the parcel before sending? i normally ask sellers to do that in case the Thailand post messes up. once you verify everything on the vendor's side of things, gather all the evidence you have and have a friendly chat with the post office. they know who delivered it who should be able to trace back where he/she delivered it.

If they say it has been signed for I would get the police involved as your parcel has been stolen. 

Last week I was watching tracking of a parcel. Online said was out for delivery. I was home and was watching and waiting. Next thing tracking went to "Exception" (Carded), what ever that means. There was no card left. This was a Saturday. I did a post on here and with some help I located my local post office. Visited but was closed. Visited again Monday and finally tracked parcel down to another post office and collected. The following Thursday the card was delivered.

Very very common, to get someone else in the household to sign on behalf of the absent person. Don't even have to show ID. And the delivery people are getting slack with the cards. Sometimes left, sometimes not. Very important to track if possible the parcel. My wife's new passport was delivered, no one at home, back to the Post Office, no one collected it and so returned to Bangkok. We didn't have a tracking number.  The people in Bangkok rang her up to ask if she had changed her address. They sent it again and this time she received it. 

9 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

Very very common, to get someone else in the household to sign on behalf of the absent person. Don't even have to show ID. And the delivery people are getting slack with the cards. Sometimes left, sometimes not. Very important to track if possible the parcel. My wife's new passport was delivered, no one at home, back to the Post Office, no one collected it and so returned to Bangkok. We didn't have a tracking number.  The people in Bangkok rang her up to ask if she had changed her address. They sent it again and this time she received it. 

The op had a tracking number and said was delivered. How do you deal with that? That is why I suggested to get police involved. Probably required if trying to make any claim from the original selling company or Post Office.

here in Bangkok its done by e_signature on a hand held device. It has the signature, time of day and date plus it is used by only one delivery guy. It should be easy to check up, and hopefully find out who signed and took it. It may well involve the police and cost just a bit of money to speed it along.  The EMS delivery guy is generally not the same as the post as far as I know,

46 minutes ago, GLewis said:

here in Bangkok its done by e_signature on a hand held device. It has the signature, time of day and date plus it is used by only one delivery guy. It should be easy to check up, and hopefully find out who signed and took it. It may well involve the police and cost just a bit of money to speed it along.  The EMS delivery guy is generally not the same as the post as far as I know,

Yes, same procedure for Ubon. However, trying to write while the postie is holding the machine means that sometimes I cannot recognise my own signature!

Good system though.

If you paid with Paypal I would open a case with them immediately. The fact that someone signed for it is irrelevant, it is up to the post office to prove that it was signed for by you. If it has been signed for by someone other than you and without your authority, Paypal will most likely refund you as they require proof it was delivered and signed for by YOU! 

Good luck!

If you paid with Paypal I would open a case with them immediately. The fact that someone signed for it is irrelevant, it is up to the post office to prove that it was signed for by you. If it has been signed for by someone other than you and without your authority, Paypal will most likely refund you as they require proof it was delivered and signed for by YOU! 

Good luck!

Oh yeah I open it today, I talked with post an the seller for 2 days. Dead end.

Simply put, you haven't received your parcel. 

The Shop are responsible for delivery and using a reliable courier. You can escalate this case to a claim Via PayPal who will 'encourage' the shop to locate the parcel (laptop), send another or offer a refund. 

Edited by richard_smith237

Simply put, you haven't received your parcel. 

The Shop are responsible for delivery and using a reliable courier. You can escalate this case to a claim Via PayPal who will 'encourage' the shop to locate the parcel (laptop), send another or offer a refund. 

I am letting the shop look into it. They are Thai and can deal it better with the post. They answered and will look into it.

I understand your frustration and the concerns you have but why did you buy online when there are many computer shops around where you can buy a computer?

I hope you get it resolved satisfactorily.

Edited by gandalf12

I understand your frustration and the concerns you have but why did you buy online when there are many computer shops around where you can buy a computer?
I hope you get it resolved satisfactorily.

It was cheaper and better specs then the shop in khon kaen. And to be honest I wanted only Asus laptop. That's why I found it their.

10 hours ago, Samacha said:

It was cheaper and better specs then the shop in khon kaen. And to be honest I wanted only Asus laptop. That's why I found it their.

Asus do make good laptops no question. Pity you have had to go through this though. Hope you get it resolved satisfactorily