Japanese store Don Quijote rumored to open in Bangkok

snoop1130

Japanese store Don Quijote rumored to open in Bangkok

By Coconuts Bangkok

asdfg.JPG

Photo: Don Quijote/ Facebook

Following local whispers that famed Japanese discount chain Don Quijote is planning to open in Bangkok, a new development came yesterday when its famous penguin mascot was spotted on the fence of Ekamai Mall, which is under construction.

In case, you’re not familiar with Don Quijote (or Donki). It’s a discount store in Japan that sells every Japanese product you can possibly think of, from food to household supplies, medicine, electronics, clothing, beauty products, and even sex toys.

Considering Thailand’s laws that ban the import and sale of sex toys, we doubt the popular section at Donki will be arriving any time soon.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/lifestyle/japanese-store-don-quijote-rumored-open-bangkok/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-8-16

5 hours ago, Thian said:

This is great, getting tired of the same old shops in every mall. 

I hope many more Japanese chains come to Thailand. Also i miss takeaway bento-sets from high quality like in Japan.

Except this is just like Daiso, a Japanese chain that is already well established here.

We already have one in Honolulu, Hawaii. I shop there alot and have not ever seen a sex toy in the store. Maybe Japan, but American law would not allow such a thing. Yes, you really can buy just about any household item in there. I like best the bento lunches that the Japanese love so much.