Letter Mail no longer being delivered

xkkpafi

Has anyone experienced that their ordinary snail mail (letterpost)  deliveries have stopped? I have long suspected that snail mail is no longer being delivered to us despite the same address for 20 years. My proof is obviously expected mail, like credit cards, bank statements, frequent flyer cards and so on that should have arrived months ago have simply disappeared. My definite proof is a registered letter sent from europe six months ago that never arrived. Not only overseas stuff, stuff from Thai tax office, stock broker and so on no longer being delivered. If you have experienced the same and managed to sort out what is going on, please post me some suggegstions. Thanks

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Since Thailand, like most other countries, has hundreds of post offices and maybe thousands of sub-post offices, I reckon you need to find yours and go have a rant at them.

Yes, it is likely just a new delivery guy on that route who is dumping his mail and then spending the rest of the day enjoying a drink.

I have had the same problem, not getting TOT bills, no mail from home etc

I called the Thailand Post call center about 2 weeks ago, she said my complaint would be passed on, of course I expected to hear nothing more

Today I was contacted by the manager of the PO which serves my area, it turns out I actually know this woman, she promised this would be looked into and then a couple of hours later sent a postman to my house for me to sign the complaint form

So if you are not getting your mail call the TP call center, it seems they do actually do something

The problem is HH is expending at such a fast rate the delivery guys can't handle all the extra work

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2017 at 8:44 PM, darrendsd said:

darrendsd, apologies for not thanking you sooner. I didnt realize I would get a sensible comment! Did as you said, went and complained and hey presto, loads of mail suddenly turned up and the flow continues unabated!

On 17.8.2017 at 9:26 AM, NanLaew said:

Since Thailand, like most other countries, has hundreds of post offices and maybe thousands of sub-post offices, I reckon you need to find yours and go have a rant at them.

Absolutely the only way.

Go to your responsible post office (determined by the postal code/zip code.

If registered post has not been delivered take a print of the tracking record.

It is very rare that registered post does not reach the post office at least.

Archived