Bottoms Up, Over the Top: World’s highest outdoor whisky bar opens in Bangkok

snoop1130

Bottoms Up, Over the Top: World’s highest outdoor whisky bar opens in Bangkok

By Coconuts Bangkok

9562.JPG

Photos: Alfresco 64/Facebook

For Bangkokians, too much is never enough. It can’t be just a skybar, just a whisky lounge, or just an alfresco bar. The city’s latest nightlife offering pairs all three. Alfresco 64 dubs itself as the world’s highest outdoor whisky bar.

Owned by whisky label Chivas, the bar is on the 64th floor of Lebua State Tower, the same golden-domed hotel that holds “Sky Bar,” the rooftop bar featured in The Hangover 2.

If you’re into drinking whisky that costs as much as your rent, sit back with a USD550 (THB18K) glass of the rare Royal Salute 62 Gun Salute as you toast Bangkok’s skyline and drink in views of the Chao Phraya river.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/bottoms-top-worlds-highest-outdoor-whisky-bar-opens-bangkok-photos/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-8-18

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

sit back with a USD550 (THB18K) glass of the rare Royal Salute 62 Gun Salute as you toast Bangkok’s skyline

is that per chance alcohol advertising on social media? Is that per chance illegal?

Personally, I don't give a toot, but maybe Uncle Toot does.

13 minutes ago, ilovebkk12345 said:

Ya I wonder what the supreme leader will do anything about this

Joking aren't you. Not low life advertising which was the case in Kanchanaburi but the building owned by Challenge Group so say no more.

16 hours ago, klauskunkel said:
Show me the way
To the next whisky bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why

For if we don't find
The next whisky bar
I tell you we must die
I tell you we must die
I tell you, I tell you
I tell you we must die

I loved Bowie's version of this

On 8/19/2017 at 9:10 AM, klauskunkel said:

is that per chance alcohol advertising on social media? Is that per chance illegal?

Personally, I don't give a toot, but maybe Uncle Toot does.

It does seem to be, remembering the recent 3 " beer pretties" who were arrested and charged for inviting people to come and drink at their bar... Or, is this different because it's owned and promoted by a very rich person?? Hmmmmm....

Having been to that old bar (Lebua State Tower) and indulging in ONE ONLY drink.... I'm more at home in the Zoom Bar & Restaurant on top of the Anantara Hotel in Sathorn, with it's 360 degree views, really friendly staff, no snobbery.  At the state tower we got, "oh! you want to eat for less than B10 000?? Well then, we have a seat for you inside without a view..."  At Zoom, everyone has a view. They don't mind cameras and you are much closer to the city which makes for much better photographs than the flat outlook of the state tower.  Just look at their photograph and decide for yourself if a flat view is a good view. You might guess that i was not impressed by the state tower.