2016 Suzuki Ertiga no heat

Purchased in March this year, so still warranty.  Temp control for air  conditioner does not work.  Hasn't worked since I got it.  You either have air conditioner or nothing.  No adjusting air if too cold.

Dealer today says the Ertiga does not have a strong heater because it will melt the pipes.  My Thai wife's translation.  He said that the temp can be adjusted, but is slow.  There is no slow or any other setting.  I've left it adjusted for some time and the temp never comes down.  The air conditioner just works at one temp.  Cold.  

I just know what the dealer is telling me cannot be true, but am surprised he would even say what he did.  Leaves me at a lost how to proceed.  

Go to another dealer and get a second opinion?

Start up the Suzuki chain of command in hopes something can be done?

Can't ever remember needing heat in a car since being in Thailand, but often need to adjust the air down.  I would think people in Chang Mai and Rai need heat in a car in the winter time, so can't imagine anyone selling a car with no heat.  I think the dealer is giving me the brushoff.

Any thoughts on best way to proceed?   Thanks

One other thing.   The Ertiga has a transmission line located close to the ground.  There is no shroud to protect the underbelly of the engine compartment.  Our little dog got underneath and bit the transmission line.  The car functioned fine until we had to go up a steep hill.  Low and Second would not work.  Went to the dealer to complain and most of the fluid had leaked out.  We were not aware until then the damage our little dog had done.  Poor design I think not to have a shroud of some kind to protect underneath.  My experience so far with the Ertiga is mixed.  Not sure I would give it a recommend.  The Mobilio might be a better choice if you are looking for a 7 seater.

Early morning drives in the North definitely benefit from having a heater in the car, if you want to see out of the windscreen, but as giddyup says, most cars made and sold here are stripped of some features.

You need a car with climate control, not just AC.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Archived