Boats

mijan24

Do you think there would be enough interst for a boating forum?

I think you'll find that importing a boat has all the same hassles as a car.

They have to be registered and that costs...sometimes it was as much as the boat.

They have liberalised the laws surrounding boat ownership recently, may I suggest you get in touch with your nearest boat club.

Thailand has very low leisure boat ownership, and this is at least in part due to the costly and complicated regulations surrounding boat ownership

I think you need to deal with the harbor department in Bangkok at least call them.

Anyways I'm 15 and have driven sailboats, trophy boats, a yacht, catamarans, and laser boats starting from the age of about eight. I don't think there are any laws about driving a boat and if there are there is no one to enforce them but check with the harbor department. The only thing on a boat I am aware that you need a license for is to use a black radio, the civilian ones are fine though even though a cell phone may work on some islands/ the shore.

Harbour Department of Thailand (Port Office). Address, 1278 Yotha Road Talard Noi Samphanthawong District Bangkok 10100 Thailand. Telephone, +66 2 233 1311