Australia Isp Having Problems To Access Thaivisa

george

I had some issues with optus last week and called them to say that as I was out of contract and would be looking elsware.

Immediate response was apology and a reduction in fee of $10/month, so why not stay am still not bound by contract

so look around and barter by the sound of it

I'm having trouble again, 3-4 minutes to load a page, same as last time before I went off air. Time to change ISP I think.

You might want to hang on. Internet upload speeds seem to have been varying a lot during the last three days. Sunday was very fast, monday ground to a halt, today is faster. If the cables off Taiwan are meant to be new again by the 15th then we'll be back to normal soon.

Edited by lamphun

I'm having trouble again, 3-4 minutes to load a page, same as last time before I went off air. Time to change ISP I think.
Glad to see you are back you old bugger!!, one of the first thing taught to new immigrants in Oz is dont go near Telstra and stay the hel_l away from Optus, AApt Smartchat is the way to go, no contracts and great cheap and fast reliable service,Happy New Year. :o Nignoy

I have a BigPond cable connection which is usually quite fast but over the last two days, logging into TV has been painfully slow.

I have a fast connection to other Thailand sites which makes me think the problem may be with the TV server.

Today is a little bit faster than yesterday but not as fast as I have come to expect.

Thanks for the advice Nignoy (old bugger!! :o ), MM and Chang paarp. I'll check out the alternatives. (I've just paid for a new month with Optus!)

I don't have a problem with any site on the planet other than Thaivisa, so my thinking is the problem has to be with their connection to Singtel.

Thanks for the advice Nignoy (old bugger!! :o ), MM and Chang paarp. I'll check out the alternatives. (I've just paid for a new month with Optus!)

I don't have a problem with any site on the planet other than Thaivisa, so my thinking is the problem has to be with their connection to Singtel.

No, we have direct peering with several backbones in Singapore. All of them having problems due to the quaked cables. Today it's extra bad connection.