Uplighter Cornice / crown molding for indirect light

tode66

I agree with Morakot; the ones I have seen created have been formed using plasterboard and rails and look very effective; more so than the picture you posted.

clean lines, horizontals and perps will give your lighting some class..........though if you get Thais to do it GET THEM A LAZER or SPIRIT LEVEL

23 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

clean lines, horizontals and perps will give your lighting some class..........

Yes, couldn't agree more! But the local taste seems to dictate a curved design that is rather out of proportion.

Baroque-house-with-swimming-pool-Muang-Ubon-Ratchathani-Thailand.jpg

Edited by Morakot

26 minutes ago, Morakot said:

Yes, couldn't agree more! But the local taste seems to dictate a curved design that is rather out of proportion.

Baroque-house-with-swimming-pool-Muang-Ubon-Ratchathani-Thailand.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. I need this only for one wall / one side of room. I have the wire and LED lights ready just need this profile.

Normally these are light weight and very easy to install. Economic and fast option.

I have asked thais to do it, but got quoted silly prices for making such a simple job.

27 minutes ago, tode66 said:

Thanks for the replies guys. I need this only for one wall / one side of room. I have the wire and LED lights ready just need this profile.

Normally these are light weight and very easy to install. Economic and fast option.

I have asked thais to do it, but got quoted silly prices for making such a simple job.

What you and me call a simple job, might sound outlandish to local builders... :shock1:

IKEA sells so-called deco strips which are meant to go around kitchen cabinets. There are about 2.20 m long; you could glue these on the wall and stick the LED strip on top. A simple job that may give you an OKish look.

You can buy crown mouldings in your local DIY store, but they are really meant to go flush between wall and celling. They are usually quite "baroque" looking in this country and you may end up with a rather peculiar design if you move them further down the wall.

http://www.ikea.com/th/en/catalog/categories/departments/kitchen/23614/

forbattra-chamfer-decostrip-moulding-white__0447390_PE597231_S4.JPG

forbattra-contoured-deco-strip-moulding__0447401_PE597242_S4.JPG

Edited by Morakot