NCPO concerned over criticism of court proceedings in rice subsidy case

webfact

NCPO concerned over criticism of court proceedings in rice subsidy case

PNPOL600828001003201.jpg

BANGKOK, 29 August 2017 (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order is concerned at growing criticism of the court proceedings in the rice subsidy case. 

Deputy spokesperson of the NCPO, Col. Sirichan Ngathong, said today that the latest council meeting, which was chaired by Army Commander and NCPO Secretary-General — Gen. Chalermchai Sittisart, discussed former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s reported sudden departure from Thailand and her absence from the court on the day the judges were scheduled to deliver the verdict in the case in which she was charged with malfeasance. 

Col. Sirichan said that Gen. Chalermchai is particularly concerned about the situation as certain reports might lead to widespread confusion in Thai society. 

The NCPO Secretary-General reported that the police are working diligently on the case and the public should wait to hear of progress direct from the authorities. 

Col. Sirichan added that Gen. Chalermchai stated that the NCPO is ready to support the investigation into the case while assuring the public that the council won't interfere with either the police or the justice system.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-08-29

The NCPO wets itself every time it receives criticism about anything. Seat belt rule criticised and withdrawn after two days. Pick up truck passenger ban criticised and withdrew even quicker. The list is endless. It comes back at the end of the day to the fact that they simply have no spine and cant be trusted. Very few people with even a smattering of inteligence will take their assurance of not influencing the police or the judiciary seriously.

"widespread confusion in Thai society"

Is exactly the purpose. Keep them snug and warm, water and liberally spread the BS.  

Keeps the Junta in power,  the people passive and the Junta lovers on TVF gnashing with praise. What better life?

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

Is exactly the purpose. Keep them snug and warm, water and liberally spread the BS.  

Keeps the Junta in power,  the people passive and the Junta lovers on TVF gnashing with praise. What better life?

Finally,...... you recognize what a good job they are doing.

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

soon to be proclaimed a mushroom hub.

6 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Not just the Junta sport. Previous governments did just that too.

No wonder Yingluck went into mushroom farming. Maybe she'll sell that business to Abhisit - because they're all the same when it comes to spreading the BS.

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not just the Junta sport. Previous governments did just that too.

No wonder Yingluck went into mushroom farming. Maybe she'll sell that business to Abhisit - because they're all the same when it comes to spreading the BS.

Maybe they did, maybe all governments do,  but this ones unelected, given themselves amnesty, people disappear and gatherings are banned and I'd say that was 10 times worse dude.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Col. Sirichan said that Gen. Chalermchai is particularly concerned about the situation as certain reports might lead to widespread confusion in Thai society. 

Thai society may be somewhat doubtful and hesitant in swallowing the government line.  A government that seems to have constant confusion and misunderstandings.  Perhaps it is time for a new government. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

NCPO is ready to support the investigation into the case while assuring the public that the council won't interfere with either the police or the justice system.

and expect people to believe that?

A "SAUL" is changing to "PAUL" ?????? :cheesy: What a joke. But any better than all TV soaps

It is one thing to treat Thai citizens as mushrooms (keep them in the dark and feed them bulls hit, sadly) but don't try it on the rest of the world because nobody believes it! :post-4641-1156693976:

Have to say though that the little wind up doll shown is better than the guys normally trotted out. Sexist, YES :biggrin:

I am in the dark a bit..how many generals were judging this case? And how many generals are assigned to deal with the backlash? And exactly how many generals are there in tbe thai army, and how many are still doing thai army business. Just a general observation....

A customer the staff all knew posted a negative review of the company I work for on Facebook. Some of it was true and some of it was BS. Really a nothing comment. Boss did her nut and made us all post positive reviews at lunchtime. All the Thai members of staff in the office had this really errie and disconcerting look on their faces. All of them saying how awful it all was. It was like someone died. Never felt a mood like that in the office before.

Thing is; no one died. It was merely an insulting/critical comment. This country really needs to learn how to handle criticism. That day made me realize that criticism is one of the few things Thais take seriously and it really plays on their mind. Not healthy at all.  

13 hours ago, webfact said:

BANGKOK, 29 August 2017 (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order is concerned at growing criticism of the court proceedings in the rice subsidy case. 

:cheesy:.... undoubtedly they are concerned... concerned about who's going to be left in the scape goats chair, once the music stops

6 hours ago, Tatsujin said:

They did rather tip their hand and confirm what was coming by starting to seize her assets 3 weeks prior to any verdict could have been given.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between a civil and and a criminal case.

"Col. Sirichan said that Gen. Chalermchai is particularly concerned about the situation as certain reports might lead to widespread confusion in Thai society
The NCPO Secretary-General reported that the police are working diligently on the case and the public should wait to hear of progress direct from the authorities. "

- Then perhaps the General should stop making spectulatory comments in his press-conferences re. Y's current whereabouts, and how she might have left the country (when he doesn't actually know where she is).

Edited by andersonat

Hum. So who decides whether you get 2 years or 42 years? Seems the penalty is inconsistent? If i was to get 42 years in a Thai jail I would say sod democracy and make a run for the border too.

Edited by MaiChai

10 hours ago, andersonat said:

"Col. Sirichan said that Gen. Chalermchai is particularly concerned about the situation as certain reports might lead to widespread confusion in Thai society
The NCPO Secretary-General reported that the police are working diligently on the case and the public should wait to hear of progress direct from the authorities. "

- Then perhaps the General should stop making spectulatory comments in his press-conferences re. Y's current whereabouts, and how she might have left the country (when he doesn't actually know where she is).

Sorry but I think you misunderstand - the General/PM works along the lines of "Do as I say not as I do"  :smile: And he is 'THE AUTHORITY' and has spoken.

I do take your point though.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

11 hours ago, halloween said:

Apparently you don't understand the difference between a civil and and a criminal case.

I'm very aware of the difference, however there's a big difference between "freezing" assets and "seizing" assets prior to any "guilty" ruling, whether civil or criminal.

4 hours ago, MaiChai said:

Hum. So who decides whether you get 2 years or 42 years? Seems the penalty is inconsistent? If i was to get 42 years in a Thai jail I would say sod democracy and make a run for the border too.

Don't forget no 'precedent' in law here and no juries. The system is backward by 100 years and judges are a law unto themselves. It's politicized and I can't believe anyone , in all seriousness, could doubt that. 

On 8/29/2017 at 2:03 PM, klauskunkel said:

how? with a hug?

it seems there is no fear of shame .... which is kinda odd . but if Thai officials felt real  shame  on Monday the wa wa wambulances would scraping them up by the hundreds  off the sidewalks Monday night  , well i guess shame is the latest commodity to be traded .......