Hunt for fugitive former prime minister Yingluck focuses on six countries

webfact

5 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Interpol don't pursue or arrest anyone. They are an information exchange. Google and read if your're interested.

I don't think Interpol can be blamed in anyway for the lack of progress on the Red Bull boy's case. The RTP were incredibly slow in completing the necessary request and have only asked for a blue notice.

Thai police spokesman Colonel Krissana Pattanachareon said his department has been notified by the international police network that they have issued a “Red Notice” – a worldwide request to find and arrest an individual pending their extradition.

“We have been informed that Interpol has issued a Red Notice on the Red Bull heir, and we now have to wait to see what kind of responses we get from member countries,” Mr Krissana said.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

No, it would have benefited the other side too. That was how the bill was proposed. I deal in facts, not suspicions. Yes it is probably save to say that the main target indeed was Thaksin, but the facts were it did not only benefit Thaksin.

Now why do you not comment on the NCPO's amnesty, after all, the amnesty YL proposed never actually made it through, courtesy of a working democratic system, yet the NCPO amnesty is a reality, courtesy of the abolishment of said democracy. 

Dying to hear the answer to that one, but someone I think it will remain silent. 

Indeed. The version of the Amnesty Bill PTP wanted to get through was reported to have been of benefit to over 25k people at the time! And all because one man wanted it for himself. The crude attempts to blackmail Abhisit and Suthep were also part of that.

Actually wrong. All of the other versions of the bill, six I think from memory, were withdrawn. However, even though YL said all versions had been withdrawn, the one favoring her brother wasn't. Although rejected by the Senate it would have returned to the lower house in a few months, and could then have been voted into law without the need to refer back to the senate. Now perhaps you'll see the need for that election was so important to them? Or maybe not.

I comment on the Junta's amnesty above.

11 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No, it would have benefited the other side too. That was how the bill was proposed. I deal in facts, not suspicions. Yes it is probably save to say that the main target indeed was Thaksin, but the facts were it did not only benefit Thaksin.

Now why do you not comment on the NCPO's amnesty, after all, the amnesty YL proposed never actually made it through, courtesy of a working democratic system, yet the NCPO amnesty is a reality, courtesy of the abolishment of said democracy. 

Dying to hear the answer to that one, but someone I think it will remain silent. 

What time in the morning were they trying to push things through,   maybe you had forgotten this.

11 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No need to answer it has been discussed 1000 times, so why go on about it  ??  like the rest of the show.  Because of your silence before on the PT activities rather than condemn you persist in swinging the table to Abhisit--Suthep, I just wonder if the Military  had not intervened and out the picture  (and you not a lover of the Shins)  who's throat would you be after.   ???

You did not comment--Silence) about the bill being pushed through at 3am.......they did it to benefit ALL???

Edited by ginjag

36 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So it's ok for you to accuse other of being childish and biased but you of course are always mature, fair and balanced?

I have no bias per se. She followed the law in calling the election. Shame she didn't make sure the law and parliamentary procedure was followed when she allowed the Amnesty Bill to be amended without following procedure to favor her brother; or her MP's to illegally vote for their absent colleagues; or illegally not allowing debate time; or illegally sending the opposition MP's home before changing the voting time etc etc etc etc. But as she rarely attending parliament she never really knew what was going on. The minions just acted as instructed.

Are you really trying to claim the Shiniwattra family are law abiding citizens who always act lawfully? Try checking just how many have convictions for starters. 

Do you think a situation where a criminal was allowed to pay a salary to the MP's of his family's political party to do his bidding real democracy? Note that PTP, whilst supporting an elected Senate, were against elected provincial governors preferring to appoint cronies. 

We were dicussing the elections that YOU brought up, good that you finally admit that she indeed followed the law.

At no point in time did I ever claim what you seem to believe I claimed, namely that the Shinawatra family always act lawfully, there is ample evidence to suggest this is certainly not always the case.

However that does NOT mean it is justified to seize power illegally from them. There were ample instruments in place to depose them via legal means, as was witnessed when Yingluck was forced to resign from office (rightly or wrongly is besides the point). 

What we have witnessed with Suthep's demonstrations, and subsequent disruption of a general election mandated by the constitution and the subsequent coup is far, far worse than anything the Shinawatra family ever did. And Thailand is currently and in the next 30 years (short from another power seizure that invalidates the new constitution) far far removed from a real democracy, and whilst the 2007/1997 constitutions had their flaws, there is no doubt they ensured a better democracy than the new one will ever ensure. 

But of course people warned those idiots beforehand, be careful what you wish for. 

Edited by sjaak327

5 minutes ago, ginjag said:

What time in the morning were they trying to push things through,   maybe you had forgotten this.

No need to answer it has been discussed 1000 times, so why go on about it  ??  like the rest of the show.  Because of your silence before on the PT activities rather than condemn you persist in swinging the table to Abhisit--Suthep, I just wonder if the Military  had not intervened and out the picture  (and you not a lover of the Shins)  who's throat would you be after.   ???

If you are so annoyed at the actual amnesty proposed by an democratically elected government, even hamper on about the time it was submitted, yet remain silent about a far more reaching amnesty submitted via an illegal coup and subsequent interim constitution, with no electoral mandate whatsoever, with the excuse that it has been discussed a 1000 times, I think I prefer to stop discussing the issue. 

By the same token, why go on about Yingluck's amnesty, it's not like it actually ever made it through !. Stop being a hypocrite.

The fun thing is, Yingluck's amnesty was prevented because the democratic system works, yet you guys think this is a better situation. How could people be so utterly blind I wonder.

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

We were dicussing the elections that YOU brought up, good that you finally admit that she indeed followed the law.

At no point in time did I ever claim what you seem to believe I claimed, namely that the Shinawatra family always act lawfully, there is ample evidence to suggest this is certainly not always the case.

However that does NOT mean it is justified to seize power illegally from them. There were ample instruments in place to depose them via legal means, as was witnessed when Yingluck was forced to resign from office (rightly or wrongly is besides the point). 

What we have witnessed with Suthep's demonstrations, and subsequent disruption of a general election mandated by the constitution and the subsequent coup is far, far worse than anything the Shinawatra family ever did. And Thailand is currently and in the next 30 years (short from another power seizure that invalidates the new constitution) far far removed from a real democracy, and whilst the 2007/1997 constitutions their flaws, there is no doubt they ensured a better democracy than the new one will ever ensure. 

But of course people warned those idiots beforehand, be careful what you wish for. 

Good that you see that the Shiniwattra family uses the law when it favors them or is useful; and breaks it or ignores it when it doesn't.

The initial protests, which were against Thaksin whitewashing himself, attracting many who, from people I know, were protesting just that. They also though the PTP government to be corrupt, but were not advocating a coup. That protest got hi-jacked as it provided a convenient starting point for those determined for force the Shiniwattra's out.

Many people I know applauded the coup to restore law and order. But as seen, time and time again, in many countries, those kicking out the crooks don't always want to go themselves, and are not always bothered about putting that to the vote either.

Anyone who thinks simply holding elections will somehow magically bring democracy to Thailand is naive in the extreme. It's need a lot more change than that. But nothing seems to be changing.

15 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. The version of the Amnesty Bill PTP wanted to get through was reported to have been of benefit to over 25k people at the time! And all because one man wanted it for himself. The crude attempts to blackmail Abhisit and Suthep were also part of that.

Actually wrong. All of the other versions of the bill, six I think from memory, were withdrawn. However, even though YL said all versions had been withdrawn, the one favoring her brother wasn't. Although rejected by the Senate it would have returned to the lower house in a few months, and could then have been voted into law without the need to refer back to the senate. Now perhaps you'll see the need for that election was so important to them? Or maybe not.

I comment on the Junta's amnesty above.

You know that is absutely false. Yingluck dissolved the house, so as such there was no possiblity for her to return it to the lower house. However, yes if she would have been re-elected with sufficient seats, she could've done just that. But Now with implicit approval of the electorate. I have no problem with such a scenario, no true democrat would. 

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Good that you see that the Shiniwattra family uses the law when it favors them or is useful; and breaks it or ignores it when it doesn't.

The initial protests, which were against Thaksin whitewashing himself, attracting many who, from people I know, were protesting just that. They also though the PTP government to be corrupt, but were not advocating a coup. That protest got hi-jacked as it provided a convenient starting point for those determined for force the Shiniwattra's out.

Many people I know applauded the coup to restore law and order. But as seen, time and time again, in many countries, those kicking out the crooks don't always want to go themselves, and are not always bothered about putting that to the vote either.

Anyone who thinks simply holding elections will somehow magically bring democracy to Thailand is naive in the extreme. It's need a lot more change than that. But nothing seems to be changing.

I think you will find that most if not all the anti junta posters would argue that the coup was staged to prevent change...

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

I think you will find that most if not all the anti junta posters would argue that the coup was staged to prevent change...

Not necessarily.

Prevent change they don't want. And allow changes they do. As we are now seeing.

She would be welcome in the Uk, the Thai Emabasy is London The big cheese in the Embassy is a red supporter and was ensconced apparently by Thaksin, so if the UK asked about YL they would get positive results, pertaining to her asylum application!

Indeed, dear fellow, and the HM government would not even consider deporting a political fugitive from a military regime.  And THAT, dear posters, is a fact like it or not.

What's more, they would also ask the British Embassy here for a detailed and candid report on the circumstances pertaining to the asylum request here in the requesting country. The report would include the attitude of the regime to opposition, and the degree of political influence on the courts and this case in particular. Such a report is unlikely to be favourable...

12 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Interpol don't pursue or arrest anyone. They are an information exchange. Google and read if your're interested.

I don't think Interpol can be blamed in anyway for the lack of progress on the Red Bull boy's case. The RTP were incredibly slow in completing the necessary request and have only asked for a blue notice.

Interpol does in fact passively "pursue" criminals in the information arena by posting "wanted" notices, and which still requires some application of resources.
I do not at all blame Interpol for any lack in the Red Bull case, though I did seem to imply that.
I think the powers (in every country) use that to bolster the perception they have done all that is possible.
I ask in part because Yingluck Shinawatra is not yet posted in Interpol's searchable data base of wanted people.
Don't know how long it takes them to process a request.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Are you an expert on UK Asylum law?

The UK welcomes billionaires, without a doubt. Whilst the Thai government don't make a formal extradition request they won't consider it. If they do then they will decide based on their rules. They may well decide to grant asylum especially as finance will never be a problem!

Unless the Home Office poke their nose in for political reasons.

But then she will get away with her gross negligence. Nice you support democracy, shame you don't support justice.

I see you edited your response to include an accusation you cannot possibly prove. I certainly support justice. I personally believe what she did receive has nothing at all to do with justice. But to please you, I would support her going to jail, as long as Prayut and CO negate their amnesty and follow right in her footsteps. That would be REAL justice, one that I indeed can support. 

the justice you talk about I cannot support. 

By the way, she has not been found guilty yet, so she isn't getting way with her gross negligence just yet, she just jumped bail...

Edited by sjaak327

Interpol does in fact passively "pursue" criminals in the information arena by posting "wanted" notices, and which still requires some application of resources.
I do not at all blame Interpol for any lack in the Red Bull case, though I did seem to imply that.
I think the powers (in every country) use that to bolster the perception they have done all that is possible.
I ask in part because Yingluck Shinawatra is not yet posted in Interpol's searchable data base of wanted people.
Don't know how long it takes them to process a request.

Are you sure that Interpol is so limited? I have rather got the impression from this forum that it is a sort of cross between "The Man from UNCLE" and "The Sweeney"!

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

Are you sure that Interpol is so limited? I have rather got the impression from this forum that it is a sort of cross between "The Man from UNCLE" and "The Sweeney"!

Shut it you slaag...?

Please forgive my ignorance - I am just seeking clarity.

Under normal circumstances (by which I mean a country under a civil government, not under military control) would it be within the law to cancel someone's passport if they failed to show up at a court hearing?

All the posts on this topic assume that it's perfectly OK to cancel Yingluck's passport. But I'm not so sure. I'm talking legally, not morally.

Also - another 'stupid' question - if her passport is 'cancelled' how would foreign countries know about that?

4 minutes ago, catman20 said:

we all know that clever clogs :saai: 

Catman20 is not a 'clever clogs'. He is stating a fact and one that most posters seem not to be concerned about.

She is not guilty until the court has ruled - but most of the posters assume that she is guilty.

By the way, just to clarify, I'm not on Jingluck's side here. But I am on the side of the truth, law and justice based on the facts which seem a little sparce to say the least.

21 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No, you are trying to suggest that their mandate was somehow not supported by the majority of voters, that is wrong, they both had support of the majority. You are trying to downplay their electoral success in an attempt to justify the coup. Shameful, start respecting the people that live in the society of your choice. 

You see Who mentioned coup  ??????????   Living in a red village and not having a vote I respected the few in the village who refused to bow down to the headman,  who controlled---he was paid to control.    The very poor farmer for the most went along with the headman or lose favours.    TRUE,,     Issan has more than half of the population of Thailand     We tend in the UK in  the past respect the vote and outcome and free without a headman controlling us.    Maybe if you never lived in a small village in Issan you would not be aware of most that went on.  Still I see you defend it.   justifying that your at the military;s throats.   Had the police been impartial and had to take control would you have been at their throats if they intervened and brought Yinglook to court  ??

This is relevant to the ongoing situation and the reason for Yingluck doing a supposed runner. 

Edited by ginjag

Shut it you slaag...[emoji38]

She's havin' a larf, guv'nor ! :biggrin:

Cor Blimey, nar she's had-it-away on 'er toes, an made the wooden-tops look right plonkers, an' all ! :shock1:

Wonderful - we're showing our age though aren't we.

My favourite line:

Fugitive criminal mastermind (let's call him Thaksin, it will give many of us a warm fuzzy feeling)

"Who the hell are you?"

John Thaw and Dennis Waterman, emerging from a super up Ford Corrina,

"We're The Sweeney, and we haven't had our dinner!"

12 minutes ago, JAG said:

My favourite line:

Fugitive criminal mastermind (let's call him Thaksin, it will give many of us a warm fuzzy feeling)

"Who the hell are you?"

Old-uns but good-uns  ...

4 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

She would be welcome in the Uk, the Thai Emabasy is London The big cheese in the Embassy is a red supporter and was ensconced apparently by Thaksin, so if the UK asked about YL they would get positive results, pertaining to her asylum application!

The Thai military could have him removed within the hour and replaced with their own at the drop of a hat.  That would get positive results for the military government.

26 minutes ago, JAG said:

My favourite line:

"Who the hell are you?"

What's a sweeney