Thaksin founded the Shinawatra dynasty, but the military empowered it

webfact

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

A few tanks and submarines? Are you avvin a laff??? The army is into everything (and I mean everything). Hotels, bars, boiler room scams, slavery, people smuggling, gem smuggling, drug smuggling, everything. Their wealth creation makes the politicians look like rank amateurs. Open your eyes man.

Yes, yes, yes I am fully aware of that, eyes open.

Thailand has been like that since 1932.

I know how to suck eggs...

:whistling:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Yes, yes, yes I am fully aware of that, eyes open.

Thailand has been like that since 1932.

I know how to suck eggs...

:whistling:

George, I'm not having a personal pop at you. We tend to agree on a lot of things. I'm just mystified as to why you think the current bunch are any better than the elected politicians. The elected politicians are a corrupt crock, I agree. But the current incumbents are a whole different ball game. They got onto the first rung of the money ladder from smuggling gems (through their control of the border) illegally obtained and provided by the Khmer Rouge. As if smuggling illegally obtained merchandise wasn't bad enough. But facilitating the Khmer Rouge??? Does it get any more immoral than that? And look where those facilitators are now.

19 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

George, I'm not having a personal pop at you. We tend to agree on a lot of things. I'm just mystified as to why you think the current bunch are any better than the elected politicians. The elected politicians are a corrupt crock, I agree. But the current incumbents are a whole different ball game. They got onto the first rung of the money ladder from smuggling gems (through their control of the border) illegally obtained and provided by the Khmer Rouge. As if smuggling illegally obtained merchandise wasn't bad enough. But facilitating the Khmer Rouge??? Does it get any more immoral than that? And look where those facilitators are now.

I do completely understand what you mean. I am not questioning what you say.

However what happens next under the circumstances is what I am concerned about.

How DO you rid Thailand of corruption, nepotism etc etc and introduce a fair democratic system?

:thumbsup:

Time for bed for me... Zzzzz