Hong Kong airport to Thai Embassy

Does anyone have experience of how long it typically takes to get from Hong Kong airport to the Thai Embassy.

There's a early morning flight supposed arrival is at 09:30 and I wondered it immigration and trip to the embassy could be done in time to submit a application that morning?

Thanks

You would have about 3 hours to get to the consulate (it is not an embassy) since they accept applications until 12:30.
See: http://www.thai-consulate.org.hk/web/3015.php
I wonder if that is enough, I've done a Google map and it's about 1hr on the train to the consulate, I figure 1 hr to get to the train through immigration, 30 mins flight delay!
On a Tuesday after a public holiday which might increase the number of people applying.
Could be close!

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

If you got no luggage you could do it. Land at 9.30. Thru customs by 10. In airport express and arrive hk station by 10.45. Walk across to Central mtr and its one stop to Admiralty then 5 minute walk to the consular building. Depending on what passport you have you have to show different docs to get the tourist visa. Pay the 300hkd fee and then collect the following day in afternoon. I done it many times but then I'm a hkid card holder so less requirements for me.

You could also get the A11 city flyer bus from the airport, this will stop right outside Admiralty station and you just cross the sky bridge to get to the consulate. This will be cheaper and quicker than getting the train and metro.

• Like 2

No problem.   Airport express is 22 minutes to central and then only 15 minutes to Fairmont house.

Came into HK last night, 10 min immigration line.  Was at the consulate at 1000 this morning.  I was the only one there. 5 min later was out and walking back to my hotel.  Will pick up my visa on Monday.

Very easy and efficient.

• Like 1

Thanks really useful info

UK passport holder.
I saw about being a HK id holder the the website but not much else if I was a not.

What offer Doc's are needed?
I presume...
Tickets in & out
Evidence of funds
Hotel booking or rental agreement.

All these will be easy enough. Do you know what else?

Thanks really useful info

UK passport holder.
I saw about being a HK id holder the the website but not much else if I was a not.

What offer Doc's are needed?
I presume...
Tickets in & out
Evidence of funds
Hotel booking or rental agreement.

All these will be easy enough. Do you know what else?

No... nothing ever that complicated for UK passport holder. From the website it just says you need return ticket out of thailand... But they've never asked me for that or my friends that don't have hkid. Should be pretty straightforward.

Tourist Visa (Basic requirements) 1. A copy of Hong Kong/Macau I.D.Card 2. A copy of main pages of a passport including the last arrival Hong Kong stamp. 3. A  valid at least 6 months passport with a clear page for a visa sticker. 4. One application forms must be completely filled out in English (CAPITAL LETTER) 5. One recent photos, 2x1.5 Inches in size, with clear face, taken within 6 months. 6. A copy of confirmed round-trip air ticket or an itinerary.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:07 AM, Nick ZepTepi said:

I wonder if that is enough, I've done a Google map and it's about 1hr on the train to the consulate, I figure 1 hr to get to the train through immigration, 30 mins flight delay!
On a Tuesday after a public holiday which might increase the number of people applying.
Could be close!

The journey time from the airport to Central is 24 minutes, and the service is frequent: http://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/airport-express.

I would not worry too much about the number applying. The Hong Kong embassy is very efficient. I have also always had good experience with Hong Kong immigration.

The big concern would be possible flight delays. A one hour delay and you should still make it. If the delay is 90 minutes, you might not.

Remember, on the way to the embassy, to get photocopies of your passport data page and immigration slip.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, reenatinnakor said:

collect the following day in afternoon.

Your recollection on this is faulty. Collection in Hong Kong is the following day in the morning.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, reenatinnakor said:

You could also get the A11 city flyer bus from the airport, this will stop right outside Admiralty station and you just cross the sky bridge to get to the consulate. This will be cheaper and quicker than getting the train and metro.

If you have plenty of time, this could be an option. It is cheap and convenient. However, it is not usually quick on a weekday morning. The journey time is difficult to predict but, with the Hong Kong traffic, around 90 minutes to Admiralty is likely.