Withdraw from Kasikorn bank account in your name without ATM card ? Over the counter ?

Hello,

Can you withdraw money from your kasikorn bank account if you only have the book bank and no atm card 

As I guess that it's not possible to get a new atm card for an account opened in another province ?

So the only solution to withdraw your money is to go to the same province to get a new atm card ?

Thanks for your experiences.

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Yes of course you can, you must bring a valid ID card or passport with you.

Did you do it or you just imagine that it is possible ? And if you did it, where ? Rules can be different from one province to another one and even from 1 branch to another branch...

12 minutes ago, bbpbbp said:

Did you do it or you just imagine that it is possible ? And if you did it, where ? Rules can be different from one province to another one and even from 1 branch to another branch...

Of course! No different rules for that.

It's not even mandatory to have an ATM card (although banks will not like that).

Fixed savings accounts don't have a corresponding ATM card at all.

Can only be administered with the bankbook and passport.

Until 10 to 15 years ago many people in upcountry didn't have ATM cards at all.

Endless queues at the counters to withdraw money.

The bankbook is THE reference document combined with your passport.

Loss of bankbook requires a report to police before getting a replacement.

Identification is done based on your passport and the signature compared to the reference signature in the bankbook.

It's always important to go to the bank if you have got a new passport (nr).

And of course I did this in the past as it is not so convenient to withdraw 500k or a million Baht in cash from the ATM.

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course! No different rules for that.

It's not even mandatory to have an ATM card (although banks will not like that).

Fixed savings accounts don't have a corresponding ATM card at all.

Can only be administered with the bankbook and passport.

Until 10 to 15 years ago many people in upcountry didn't have ATM cards at all.

Endless queues at the counters to withdraw money.

The bankbook is THE reference document combined with your passport.

Loss of bankbook requires a report to police before getting a replacement.

Identification is done based on your passport and the signature compared to the reference signature in the bankbook.

It's always important to go to the bank if you have got a new passport (nr).

And of course I did this in the past as it is not so convenient to withdraw 500k or a million Baht in cash from the ATM.

Don't want to be argumentative but my branch requires my bank book, passport and atm card every time I make an over the counter withdrawal. They know me well have been going there for years. Obviously I initially asked a number of times politely why the f@#% would I need an atm card to withdraw over the counter and the manager apologised and told me it was policy. Maybe they know which accounts have an atm attached and are required to sight it? Don't know but its only a minor inconvenience 

Edited by starky

18 hours ago, starky said:

Don't want to be argumentative but my branch requires my bank book, passport and atm card every time I make an over the counter withdrawal. They know me well have been going there for years. Obviously I initially asked a number of times politely why the f@#% would I need an atm card to withdraw over the counter and the manager apologised and told me it was policy. Maybe they know which accounts have an atm attached and are required to sight it? Don't know but its only a minor inconvenience 

This is exactly what I fear and what people here do not seem to understand very well...

18 hours ago, inThailand said:

I have never been asked to show an ATM card. Just a bank book and passport. 

If your crazy branch requires an ATM card, file a lost ATM card police report and present it.

Yeah because filing a police report is much easier than showing something I always carry with me anyway.

19 hours ago, starky said:

Don't want to be argumentative but my branch requires my bank book, passport and atm card every time I make an over the counter withdrawal.

I have accounts with several different Thai banks. I have never been asked for more than the bankbook and ID (driving licence is the one I generally give). Indeed for half of those banks I have no ATM card anyway.

Just now, KittenKong said:

I have accounts with several different Thai banks. I have never been asked for more than the bankbook and ID (driving licence is the one I generally give). Indeed for half of those banks I have no ATM card anyway.

Great 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:32 PM, bbpbbp said:

I've lost count the amount of times I've done it.

Only difficult part as one gets older and hand writing changes is making sure your current signature is exactly the same as the invisible one you wrote in your bank book or they get a bit finicky.