Spelling software for kids.

up2you2

I have a seven year old child that to date has failed to grasp the concept of reading.
Although being referred to as intelligent, there seems to be some kind of mental block in achieving this.
So I am now trying to look out of the box so to speak, with alternative solutions and ideas when it comes down to using a Windows 7 PC.
This is the first solution I would like to consider, before resorting to Android smart phones or Apple products.

The main criteria initially is that the software is completely free, as in not even having to register with a credit card for a trial period.
I say this as until I can get him to engage, it is not only a potential waste of money, but time and effort.

So please does anybody know of free introductory spelling games that they can recommend, that work on a PC?

If not the same request for Android and Apple please?

23 minutes ago, Aguda said:

Hope this is of help, my seven year old used this website and it was very helpful with breaking down and sounding out words:

http://www.readingbear.org/

As requested it is also free. He is an excellent reader now but we have been reading together since he was able to focus on the books.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for, many thanks.

Archived