Who Wants To Become Raro's Neighbour?

raro

Nice bungalow for rent in Soi Siam Country Club.

About 120 sqm living area, one large living room with integrated European kitchen, 2 bed rooms, 2 bath rooms (one of them with a bath tub!). Aircon in the bed rooms but not in the living room (can be refitted, though), however, the house doesn't heat up that much thanks to old trees standing around it.

Catlovers preferred, and since I am not at home most of the time it is a rather quiet area. For more details, send me a PM.

post-6036-1205544982_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1205544963_thumb.jpg

post-6036-1205544927_thumb.jpg

:o

shut the F^%$^ up Humphrey....anyways, it might be easier to find a soap dodger than a non-soap dodger around this area....

:D

seriously, the village promised to have the water situation finally under control - let's wait and see.

shut the F^%$^ up Humphrey....anyways, it might be easier to find a soap dodger than a non-soap dodger around this area....

seriously, the village promised to have the water situation finally under control - let's wait and see.

Promises, promises ....

My <deleted> company has promised me an exit visa from Saudi since 18th February, but it has still not appeared.

My new (German) employer in Vietnam was daft enough to sign a contract over the Internet (one signature only, however) and is doing his nut because I haven't shown up yet. So am I.

But on the good side - I have posted about 500 stupid comments in TV over the period.

My new (German) employer in Vietnam was daft enough to sign a contract over the Internet (one signature only, however) and is doing his nut because I haven't shown up yet. So am I.

Hmmm, possible job opening in Vietnam (got to be better than here), no passport/visa hassles to worry about. What was the name of that (German) employer you mentioned in Vietnam ? :o

As for the house, looks nice, but at what price (range/estimate) ? Cats aren't a problem, but I've heard the neighbour(s) are quite the party animals (at least once a week anyways). :D

Edited by Kerryd

Hmmm, possible job opening in Vietnam (got to be better than here), no passport/visa hassles to worry about. What was the name of that (German) employer you mentioned in Vietnam ? :o

As for the house, looks nice, but at what price (range/estimate) ? Cats aren't a problem, but I've heard the neighbour(s) are quite the party animals (at least once a week anyways). :D

it's around 15,000 a month, not sure whether this includes the village fee already or not. House is fully furnished with cable TV and completely renovated. If you (Kerry) want to move in, I am happy to accomodate your...ermm....friends, in case you get space problems.... :D

IG Farben? Administering Cyklon B as a population control measure, since the bird flu seems too slow.

Wanted to introduce it here in Saudi first, but none of them ever use the showers - just pour on more cologne.

IG Farben? Administering Cyklon B as a population control measure, since the bird flu seems too slow.

Wanted to introduce it here in Saudi first, but none of them ever use the showers - just pour on more cologne.

Sounds doable (not much worse than other things I've done in the past) :o

What's the pay like ? Would it be enough to afford this fine establishment that Raro is trying to pimp to us ? (Always remember to look for the "hidden" costs when renting/buying a place, like neighbours that try to snake your "pleasurable company" out from under you the moment you zip to the corner store). :D

Sounds doable (not much worse than other things I've done in the past) :o

What's the pay like ? Would it be enough to afford this fine establishment that Raro is trying to pimp to us ? (Always remember to look for the "hidden" costs when renting/buying a place, like neighbours that try to snake your "pleasurable company" out from under you the moment you zip to the corner store). :D

Although "she-who-runs-with-scissors" is the nick of another board member's better part (almost no pun intended) the title would also fit to Mrs. raro...so no danger here (for the neighbour...as for poor raro, see above....)

(Always remember to look for the "hidden" costs when renting/buying a place, like neighbours that try to snake your "pleasurable company" out from under you the moment you zip to the corner store). :D

What kind of bottom feeding lowlife neighbour would do that? :o:D

Promises, promises ....

My <deleted> company has promised me an exit visa from Saudi since 18th February, but it has still not appeared.

But on the good side - I have posted about 500 stupid comments in TV over the period.

Many people leave Saudi without an exit visa. Downside is that you have to wait 1 year before you can get another igama? Those that get another Saudi job within that year enter under a business visa. As I understand it anyway. Been wrong before

Edited by bangsaenguy

Promises, promises ....

Many people leave Saudi without an exit visa. Downside is that you have to wait 1 year before you can get another igama? Those that get another Saudi job within that year enter under a business visa. As I understand it anyway. Been wrong before

Some foreigners lose their heads in departing Saudi :D

Promises, promises ....

Bangsaenguy:

Sorry to disagree but you cannot get out of Saudi without either an exit/reentry or exit only visa. I guess you could drive across the desert into Iraq but that's the only way. You cannot do it legally without the visa.

You may be thinking of a Letter of No Objection. LONO's are official documents issued by your previous employer stating they have no objection to your returning to work in Saudi under another sponsor. With a LONO, you may return immediately. Without a LONO, you must wait a minimum of one year before you can return with a different sponsoring company, unless you are privy to company secrets. Then you are supposed to be out for three years.

You can reenter with a business visa but it is valid for three months only and it is extremely difficult and costly to roll it over into an Iqama. My company has managed to do it two times for me but our prince had to use some favors up to get it done.

Humphrey, sorry to hear about your problem but I really don't understand the foot dragging on their part. You can get an exit only visa in one day. The only thing that should hold it up is if you have an unpaid traffic ticket or you have bought a car and have not disposed of it and had it removed from your Iqama. Could your company be in some sort of trouble with the local immigration or GOSI office? Just a thought.

Sorry to disagree but you cannot get out of Saudi without either an exit/reentry or exit only visa. I guess you could drive across the desert into Iraq but that's the only way. You cannot do it legally without the visa.

Agreed - and that was my problem

You may be thinking of a Letter of No Objection. LONO's are official documents issued by your previous employer stating they have no objection to your returning to work in Saudi under another sponsor. With a LONO, you may return immediately. Without a LONO, you must wait a minimum of one year before you can return with a different sponsoring company, unless you are privy to company secrets. Then you are supposed to be out for three years.

In the current shortage of manpower situation, NOC's have been waived. We have people jumping straight from one job/employer to another

You can reenter with a business visa but it is valid for three months only (sometimes only one month - my problem) and it is extremely difficult and costly to roll it over into an Iqama. My company has managed to do it two times for me but our prince had to use some favors up to get it done.

Humphrey, sorry to hear about your problem but I really don't understand the foot dragging on their part. (You think I do? All I did was to insinuate that the guy in charge was a complete tosser!) You can get an exit only visa in one day. Agreed The only thing that should hold it up is if you have an unpaid traffic ticket or you have bought a car and have not disposed of it and had it removed from your Iqama. Could your company be in some sort of trouble with the local immigration or GOSI office? Just a thought.

But I have just received my passport - five minutes ago - Yiiiipppppppeeeeeeeeeee

:o:D

Raro - no-one really wants to rent a house next to you - you know it makes sense.

Hmmm, this house is no doubt located on the dark side of the Suk ?

Nice house (for soap dodgers)

Nice neighbours (good for stealing/scaring away guests)

Nice price (except for soap dodgers, balloon chasers and various pensioners)

Nice location (except for the suicide dashes across the Suk as often as your heart can handle)

And as a bonus, plenty of free Saudi Visa advice !

Who could say no to such an offer ? If my rent wasn't already paid up for the next (well, quite awhile now :o ), I'd seriously consider possibly thinking about maybe wondering what it might be like to be Raro's neighbour !