How To Temporaily Shut Off Anti-spyware Program?

Taggart

I have a few anti-spyware programs on my system. Spybot seems to be giving me the most problems though. Everytime I want to update another program, Spybot jumps in and won't allow any changes to the registry. It doesn't even give me a yes or no option. Can someone tell me how to shut off Spybot when I'm starting a new program after a download? I looked up the index on Spybot and couldn't find any answers. Thanks in advance.

I have a few anti-spyware programs on my system. Spybot seems to be giving me the most problems though. Everytime I want to update another program, Spybot jumps in and won't allow any changes to the registry. It doesn't even give me a yes or no option. Can someone tell me how to shut off Spybot when I'm starting a new program after a download? I looked up the index on Spybot and couldn't find any answers. Thanks in advance.

check-out the spybot forum

I think the easiest would be to remove SpyBot (Go to Programs - Spybot Search and Destroy-Uninstall Spybot) When you install again there are two parts to Spybot..the normal anti spyware function plus a thing called "Tea Timer" which is much more virulent and unless you really know what you are on about it will be a ###### nuisance and it is that bit that is likely to be causing your problem. When you reinstall make sure you don't tick the "Tea Timer" box and you should have no more hassles and Spybot will still do the job it is intended to do.

I read the spybot forum and decided to remove Spybot from my system, and then add it again without checking off the teatimer option. Unfortunately, Spybot was still not allowing registry changes, so perhaps there are still remnants of teatimer on my system from the first download months ago. Anyhow decided to remove Spybot from the system altogether, and since then I haven't had any problems.

Many thanks to bangbuathong and trigz for their help.

I read the spybot forum and decided to remove Spybot from my system, and then add it again without checking off the teatimer option. Unfortunately, Spybot was still not allowing registry changes, so perhaps there are still remnants of teatimer on my system from the first download months ago. Anyhow decided to remove Spybot from the system altogether, and since then I haven't had any problems.

Many thanks to bangbuathong and trigz for their help.

you're welcome :o