Movie Editor Program

kkengvibul

Hello there!

I'm just writing to ask for suggestions about programs for editing movies and video clips. I'm having a presentation at my university next week and I'm looking for some 'good' and easy to use movie editor programs.

I've used the Windows Movie Maker before, but I feel that there aren't that many features in the program (even though it's pretty easy to use). I particularly want programs that come with nice sound effects, backgrounds, clip transitions, and other nice extra features. For example, I want to put some text in the video with the "typewriter" sound as each letter appears on the clip.

Is there any program with such features?? I'm thinking about buying the program tomorrow.

Anyway..thanks in advance!

kkengvibul

I was having Internet problems also. Two dups deleted.

I recently got a copy of Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite which comes with VideoWave (editor). I had recently used my DV camcorder to tape an experiment and needed to convert it into a presentation. Found the VideoWave editor excellent in features and usability, nearly like a professional studio version. From the limited time I've used it it seems to have all the features you requested in your OP.

Roxio VideoWave

thanks tywais!

is the program pretty simple to use though? I'm just wondering how long it would take me to learn how to use it.

The very first night I got it I connected my DV camcorder to the computer used the program to read the video in (firewire), cut the clip out of the video I wanted, added flying text to it, a lead in transition, a frame box and saved it as a divx avi file within an hour or two, without reading any instructions. Of course a lot depends on previous experience in video editing - mine is not that extensive actually since never found a truly good editor until now. Was lot's of fun. Also added the zoom in feature to make it look like the video cam was zooming in on the target. Since the camcorder was in a high radiation area, couldn't use the zoom controls on it. :o

Any other suggestions from other people?

iMovie? I was cutting video with that within 5 minutes of starting it up for the first time.

Free with any Mac.. :o

Haven't done any video editing on the PC, sorry.

Avid (pro stuff)

Adobe Premiere (trial available for download)

personally i use imovie...but that's cos i aint got round to installing anything else.

there was a program called "Muvee" (i think) that basically mashed a collection of clips together into a nice edited segment with audio manipulation - point and click stuff...

I take it you don't P2P then..... :o

Oh i use p2p every day, Bits on Wheels is my favourite. Yet the OP was asking about movie editing software, and a service such as youtibe or gogle video will reach a far wider audience than simply sharing the file on edonkey......