30 Day Visa On Arrival

I have seen this posted somewhere before but I can't find it. The question is: if I just have a simple 30 day on arrival stamp, then how long can I extend my stay? From what I can remember it was either 7 days or 10 days. Am I right or not? Also is the approval process for this pretty much a fairly straightforward no hassle event at immigration. Thanks guys.

Yes and Yes. But do remember that to qualify for that initial 30 day stamp you require onward ticked transportation within the 30 day period of your stamp - airlines can refuse to board you if you do not have that (although immigration is not likely to check).

Your title mentions Visa On Arrival and your post mentions Stamp. Please note that these are different things. The 30-day stamp is technically not a visa. The Visa On Arrival is a visa you can apply for and get at the airport but it is for people of nationalities that cannot receive the 30-day stamp. It can be confusing when you arrive at the airport and see the signs for Visa On Arrival.

See http://www.thaivisa.com/274.0.html for a little more info

Edited by fxm88

IF ALL THE ABOVE ADVICE is followed you should if lucky nation get for the same money 1900 baht an extra 30 days  :o

How should that work, warriros?

Either you got a 30-days-stamp, if you are the holder of a p/port from one of the 'lucky' countries. This can by extented, at the discretion of the immigration offier, by 10 days at Baht 1900,

or you hold a p/port from the other group of countries and are entitled for a visa on arrival, 15 days and no extention to be granted. (Except e.g. illness)

Usually 10 days, but it remains at the discretion of the Immigration officer. The cost is 1900 baht ( much dearer than a tourist visa would have been )

Discretion being the oprative word :o A friend recently got 15 days from a very pleasant and affable Immigration officer in Bangkok.

[

or you hold a p/port from the other group of countries and are entitled for a visa on arrival, 15 days and no extention to be granted. (Except e.g. illness)

Lucky staff at Suan Phlu working the desk for extensions to Visa on Arrival. Nothing to do all day.

Ever so often, we learn that somebody has been tranferred to an inactive post.

Seems to be one of those. :o