Pattaya-nong Khai

keenok

can anybody tell me if there is a direct bus service from patters to nong khai? i know the bus terminal on sukhumvit road has services to other destinations than bangkok,but not sure where ,and which class of travel.i prefer the vip (24 seat)overnight service which leaves from mochit,but thought i might save some time as am currently in pattaya.any info would be great ,thanks.

OK, go up Pattaya klang to Sukhumvit then turn left. The first service station on the left is a Petronas. It has a 407 bus service there and buses leave there every night heading in that direction. I caught one from there to Khon Kaen no probs. I believe they go to Udon Thani and Nong Khai too. If you can not speak Thai I suggest you take someone with you who can. Make sure you ask for VIP and make a booking about 10AM for a 8PM to 9PM departure. If you don't book in the morning you could miss out as it fills up quick.

Even if you can not go all the way to Nong Khai take the bus to Undon Thani, you can change at the bus station there and continue onwards to Nong Khai. Nong Khai is only an hour or two out of Udon Thani. Good Luck and have a nice trip.

OK, go up Pattaya klang to Sukhumvit then turn left. The first service station on the left is a Petronas. It has a 407 bus service there and buses leave there every night heading in that direction. I caught one from there to Khon Kaen no probs. I believe they go to Udon Thani and Nong Khai too. If you can not speak Thai I suggest you take someone with you who can. Make sure you ask for VIP and make a booking about 10AM for a 8PM to 9PM departure. If you don't book in the morning you could miss out as it fills up quick.

Even if you can not go all the way to Nong Khai take the bus to Undon Thani, you can change at the bus station there and continue onwards to Nong Khai. Nong Khai is only an hour or two out of Udon Thani. Good Luck and have a nice trip.

The 407 definately goes as far as Udorn price is about 500 baht one way.........i just cant remember if it then goes onto Nong Khai or not.............as already said though its easy enough to catch the Udorn to Nong Khai bus if it doesn't, trip is 45 mins.

You/ll have to have a run up to the 407 office and check where it terminates.

The 407 definately goes as far as Udorn price is about 500 baht one way.........i just cant remember if it then goes onto Nong Khai or not.............as already said though its easy enough to catch the Udorn to Nong Khai bus if it doesn't, trip is 45 mins.

You/ll have to have a run up to the 407 office and check where it terminates.

Yes it does terminate at Nong Khai

As advised prebook your trip and if i may add do it the day before and get a window seat if you do not want to be disturbed.

The trip takes approx. 12 to 14 hours and make sure you take a bit of extra clothing as the journey is long and it gets rather cold on the bus with the aircon.

I used to book row six and always the kerb side window if possible.

The people who take the bookings speak reasonable English by the way.

Just make sure you,ve got the seat you want, registered correctly on your ticket and it corresponds with your choice of seating as per layout, date and time.

You may need it to prove your booking if someone else decides to take you seat and the bus organiser isn,t up to scratch. ( most are usually on the ball and don,t take no bull. )

Sometimes they start filling the aisles with extra passengers later on who tend to make your journey uncomfortable if you have an aisle seat, especially on the return leg.

Last of all i recommend the overnight trips as you can normally sleep a big part of the 14 hours.

Take care, enjoy and hope i you have a safe journey.

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

thank you all so much for good and detailed information . i will head up there tomorrow and sort things out. i can speak thai ,no probs there ,and if i could get to udon that would do as i am familiar with udon,nong khai and laos,my problem is im not familiar with pattaya!!thanks again guys for taking the time to help me out with some info

• 9 months later...

Does anybody know if there are morning buses from Pattaya to Korat and from where please? If so would you know if they leave from the gas Petronas station on Sukhumvit in Pattaya Klang or third road at the back of Carrefour? cheers