7 Days Out Of Thailand Before A New Entry Is Allowed

This is only "HEARSAY" at this point.

However the source is usually reliable (involved in an Expat Association in regular contact with Immigration officials) and the "news" is so worrying...

Anybody heard anything similar?? :-(

Not only will/do they limit/restrict the issuance of visas in the region (with instructions sent to embassies and consulates against the issuance of multiple entry visas).

There are rumours A NEW RULE is in the works after the 90 days IN/90 days OUT rule (Maybe already implemented?? Anybody??):

The typical run across the border and back on the same day might simply not be accepted anymore.

It will be required that BOTH "VOA clients" and HOLDERS OF VISAS, after they exit Thailand, stay outside of the country for a minimum of 7 DAYS before a new entry will be allowed.

Is it credible???

Am I a troll? I'm tempted to answer: I wish I were!

Yes, I hesitated before posting the above "hearsay".

But you see... If anybody can subtantiate anything, I would prefer to know the score ASAP.

I'd see a lawyer (I would otherwise prefer not to pay for his advices), contact old contacts in the "visa business" (I would otherwise prefer not to meet them.....), double check about the new 2 month extensions of stay to "visit child" (it's my case), try every possible avenue.

Yes, I guess I am quite nervous and I hope to read it's NOT credible.

i could live with that.i usually stay away for between 4-14 days anyway when i go "out". i hate going to the border and turning round and come home the same day.it feels like such a waste of time.im quite happy holidaying in the region,after all its very cheap to do.

I guess I could "live with that" too.

But it can't be good news.

The daughter is at school (kindergarden), the mother is working.

I am separated from them for 1 week every 3 months!

Unless NON-O single entry can be extended for 2 months and ARE indeed extended without hassle? 7.23 of National Police Order 606/2006. Seems unlikely it will be a smooth repeteated process if they start implementing rules like 7 days minimum out of the country to be granted a new entry.

It will be required that BOTH "VOA clients" and HOLDERS OF VISAS, after they exit Thailand, stay outside of the country for a minimum of 7 DAYS before a new entry will be allowed.

Is it credible???

So, if somebody takes a weekend trip to Singapore they may as well stay in the Lion City for a week because otherwise Thai immigrations will turn them away upon their return? Not every foreigner who exits Thailand and re-enters after a short period of time, a day, or a few days, is a visa-runner or otherwise up to no good. No, this is not credible.

That said, I do believe that there actually is a law on the books that states a person needs to be out of the kingdom for 24-hours before re-entry but this is obviously never enforced (can somebody confirm the existence of this law?).

I think you are right, ovenman.

It's anyway not credible as "hearsay" (I used the word credible, sorry).

But it does not even seem to be enforceable indeed.

BUT! You do not reassure me.

So many laws here.

So many unenforced laws.

So many unenforced laws ready for sudden enforcement... :-(

(24 hours IS surely enforceable)

Maybe for "walkers" only then??... Still worried.

Is it credible???

An absolute NO !

I think it's a big misunderstanding of the "7 days authorisation" : It was say by several sources that people refused at the border (because more than 90 days) will get a 7 days authorisation to pack their belongings and take their plane back home...

Not the same thing at all !

Pattaya46

I think it's a big misunderstanding of the "7 days authorisation" : It was say by several sources that people refused at the border (because more than 90 days) will get a 7 days authorisation to pack their belongings and take their plane back home...

Allowing people a final seven-day entry stamp actually makes sense as it avoids all of the potential nastiness of stranding somebody across the border at some remote outpost in Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos or Malaysia. It would also solve the problem of an airline needing to worry about the "90 days status" of an inbound air passenger.

No! Sorry.

I accept it is hersay.

But it is NOT the "7 days grace period" to pack and exit...

I received this stamp in my passport several years ago myself.

(Long story. Nothing. A paperwork problem. The only stamp available at this point was the 7 Days)

In my case, it was in the form of: "Application for Extension of Stay is refused. Applicant must exit before (7 days later)"

(Words to this effect)

(I believe they used to stamp this in the past for a 3rd request of extension of Tourist Visa?)

INDEED. People crossing a land border should keep in mind they MAY get a similar stamp ANYTIME.

(No "extension refused". Similar)

There WAS a French guy just ahead of me in the line in October at Mai Sai border. He got *7 DAYS* (Or was it 10? Not 30 for sure)

Nothing new and DEFINITELY NOT hearsay.

We are talking about refusal to let people get out and get in immediately after.

(Likely: "walkers" only)

(If you fly, you obviously can not return to Thailand immediately after your exit).

Let me kindly say that I believe Thai Immigration are NOT afraid to come up with ##@@## rules.

The rumour is "7 days" mandatory stay out of the country :-0

So??? Again: Maybe enforced for walkers only. And only some of them, of course.

Absolutely "feasible", I'm afraid.

Edited by papakapbaan

This is only "HEARSAY" at this point.

However the source is usually reliable (involved in an Expat Association in regular contact with Immigration officials) and the "news" is so worrying...

Anybody heard anything similar?? :-(

Not only will/do they limit/restrict the issuance of visas in the region (with instructions sent to embassies and consulates against the issuance of multiple entry visas).

There are rumours A NEW RULE is in the works after the 90 days IN/90 days OUT rule (Maybe already implemented?? Anybody??):

The typical run across the border and back on the same day might simply not be accepted anymore.

Is it credible???

My first thought is that this is nothin short of squab-holler. There are countless rumours circulating here. Let's remember that the kind folks down at Immigration are still try to work out the policies that they've already put into effect. We would be wise to give more attention to just how these new policies are being put into effect than to sit speculatin on the rumours that are goin round.

And another thing... These "Expat Associations" are full of it. :o

Edited by Roger Dodger

The daughter is at school (kindergarden), the mother is working.

I am separated from them for 1 week every 3 months!

If you are over 50 years old, you can apply for annual extensions based on 7.17(5)

If your are married to your daughter’s mother or any other Thai woman, you can apply for annual extensions based on 7.17(6)

If you are neither of the above, you are separated from them only 2 – 3 days every 3 months while you travel to a Thai consulate in the region to get a new single-entry non-O visa, or 4 – 5 days every 12 months getting a multiple-entry non-O visa from your home country.

--

Maestro