Age Difference

MartinB

Age difference is it really important for a good relationship?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A mate of mind said last night “I am convinced beyond any doubt that love is ageless” is he right?

If its ok for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones or Calista Flockart and Harrison Ford then why not the rest of the world. Or does money buy love?

So come on guys what’s the age difference between you and the love of your life

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mind said last night “I am convinced beyond any doubt that love is ageless” is he right?

Of course, age doesn't matter. That's why loads of men fall for women twice their age....

If it's the other way round the lady will be either from a developing country or lower on the social ladder..., they'd need money anyway to compensate for looking at an old beer bellied hubby...

:o

I don't understand the poll. You ask a no/yes question and follow with a long list of years.

Is the question really what is the maximum age difference that will allow a relationship to work?

Difference between my wife and me is 24 years. Been together for 5 years now (and 4 countries).

Don't think age is real factor for people that are committed to each other.

TH

I don't completely understand the poll either.. And even if I did, the ideal age is not a linear thing.

It's:

Her perfect age = ( His age / 2 ) + 7

So when you're 40 then the perfect age is 27. When you're 20 then the perfect age is 17. When you're 14 then the perfect age is 14.

Cheers,

Chanchao

There are so many variables to the question as to make it meaningless, as it should be. For everyone who likes, younger there are ones who like older, etc.

Mental and physical maturity don't go hand in hand and why someone preferes older or younger has many roots. Father complexes, etc. etc. etc.

"The girl I eventually marry isnt born yet"

Much too young for me and many others, you are asking for trouble with the local law enforcement, and the one in your homecountry, I might add. Don't do it!!!

hey wingnut, dont insinuate I am a pedo!

I can joke about what I want - being 40 years old and a lot of men I see are 70+ with girls under 30 - do the maths and drop the accusations!

######!

My g/f is actually older than me (I'm 24, she's 27). Really want to avoid sounding snobbish, but find the younger ladies a bit on the immature side.

The younger ladies are great for a laugh - love to party, out all night etc., but when it comes to serious conversation of any kind, it's a bit of a let-down.

Much too young for me and many others, you are asking for trouble with the local law enforcement, and the one in your homecountry, I might add. Don't do it!!!

I can joke about what I want - being 40 years old and a lot of men I see are 70+ with girls under 30 - do the maths and drop the accusations!

######!

Sorry, with emoticons not enabled in 'fast reply' mode, this came across the wrong way.

Tongue in cheek comments: :D , didn't mean to cuase offense.

I don't seriously think you are looking for an unborn partner for sex or anything else. :D

######!

Sorry, with emoticons not enabled in 'fast reply' mode, this came across the wrong way.

Tongue in cheek comments: :D , didn't mean to cuase offense.

I don't seriously think you are looking for an unborn partner for sex or anything else. :D

Apology accepted :D .

No Harm Done :D

My g/f is actually older than me (I'm 24, she's 27). Really want to avoid sounding snobbish, but find the younger ladies a bit on the immature side.

The younger ladies are great for a laugh - love to party, out all night etc., but when it comes to serious conversation of any kind, it's a bit of a let-down.

Well I sure would hope so,,At your age if you got a YOUNG one they would drop you in the can for underage contributing.

And they don't come any older than I am,so us old dudes gotta get em younger as women wear out a lot earlier than we do.Can't get much work out of a 70 YO. broad. And she don't know whether to iron her dress or her hide.And you can't have a serious conversation with em either cause they can't hear.

When I first met my lovely wife she had me convinced that she was 28 years old. A few months later she had her 31st birthday. By the time we married (a little over a year later) I was relieved to find out that she was only 5.5 years younger than me! :o

I highly commend the conciliatory exchange between stroll and tornado...if only we had the same on other threads.

When I met my wife she was a flat chested 33 year old with an ass to kill for and I admit to feeling a bit uncomfortable then as she appeared to be 19-20 years old. Now after she has gained some weight and cut her hair and more closely resembles her age I feel a bit less conspicuous. Don't detract from the fact that she can make my banana cream better than any other woman pastry chef on the planet...

Guest fj2003

>>> don't completely understand the poll either.. And even if I did, the ideal age is not a linear thing.

It's:

Her perfect age = ( His age / 2 ) + 7

So when you're 40 then the perfect age is 27. When you're 20 then the perfect age is 17. When you're 14 then the perfect age is 14.

Cheers,

Chanchao

ilove this cheers chanchao

lets have a chang or even better ein koelsch vom pittermaennchen

a had been together with older girls ( i was 20 she was 48 ) i had been together with younger ( i was 28 she was 18 ) but no matter i spend with both a similar time of some months to figure it doesn't fit since then my loves are always in my age and i'm happy no daubt aboout

but i learned one thing never count for ever there is a perfect german word

*** lebensabschnittszeitgefaehrte*** don't ask me to translate but it means to be together for the time it is fine for both of them 1 day or 99 yearsand this is more the point then how old nor how many years different

10>>12????

15>>14

20>>17

25>>19

30>>22

35>>24

40>>27

45>>29

50>>32

55>>34

60>>37

65>>39

70>>42

75>>44

80>>47

85>>49 UPS UP to the hill she is lucky to spent what she surly get

When considering younger women it is always best to remember 'a young woman has a young woman's needs and desires'.

Thinking below the belt this seems like a very pleasing prospect.

But it doesn't stop below the belt.

Young women also have ambitions and hopes for their future, if they are with a guy who is very much their senior then it is a fair chance the guy is not going to be around much longer or that he is unable to keep up if he does.

Witness the number of young women in Thailand, who married to and cared for by an older foreign guy but who are keeping there options open (litteraly) with younger Thai guys.

If its ok for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones

When ever I am feeling like life is not being fair to me I always think of Michael Douglas, what shit has he got to look forward to when Zeta-Jones decides it's time to move on?!

My wife has always told me "guys here that have young gf's (19-24)etc, will have problems. I have to say we have alot of friends here with young thai gf's and we have alot of young tg friends. on the whole they are nice and happy etc but it's true, they are f***ing lunatics.

glad i've got an old bird. :o

Or does money buy love?

Perhaps not, but it does buy choice.

In my country I see so many people in loveless marriages but not having the wherewithal to do anything about it so they are stuck with each other not so much for better of worse more lack of money to say "Goodbye dear I'm off to a developing country where I can at least be happy for a while."

At the moment the poll is at 4-6ys difference being the most popular & thats also the difference between me & hubs, me 29 him 34, we have a lot in common even though we are from different cultural backgrounds, & also similar ideas on life etc. we remember the same tv shows & music (well not all, thailand didn't really go for the bross, new kids movements :o ) so for us it works cause we are at the same place in our lives & want the same things, but i have friends who have husband/ wives considerably older/younger & it seems to work for them too, so really I think it's all up to the individual & what they want from their lives & a partner.

As long as your both happy & no-ones getting hurt then screw what other people think & get on with it. :D

My wife has always told me "guys here that have young gf's (19-24)etc, will have problems. I have to say we have alot of friends here with young thai gf's and we have alot of young tg friends. on the whole they are nice and happy etc but it's true, they are f***ing lunatics.

Me too mate :D

Me too mate :D

Dave's definition of old bird is in between 25 and 30 years old,... :D:D