You Tube Is Back!

frodo

Far all the You Tube fans, You Tube is back, and this is for real. Read here:

Youtube is back

The Information and Communications Technology Thursday has lifted the ban on the popular video blog site,Youtube.com.

Information and Communications Technology Minister Sitthichai Pookaiyaudom said that Thailand decided to lift up the block on Youtube after it agreed to block people in Thailand from accessing its clips of which the contents violate the Thai laws.

He added that Youtube just finished creating such blocking programme.

He said that the ministry has nothing to do with the apology message to the Thai king and Thai people on Youtube but Youtube has taken care the matter by itself.

The site could be now accessed by Thais after the site was banned early May following posting of video clips seen as insulting His Majesty the King.

The site now has a video clip appeared to be an apology from the person who posted the first clips in mocking of His Majesty.

"I never realise how the Thai king is important to Thai people ... I never mean to hurt Thai King" he said in the video entitled "My Apology to the People and King of Thailand" released May 19.

The Nation

source: http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/08/30/hea...es_30047154.php

This is all kind of an anti-climax.

Back to the videos of the skateboarding alligators cuddling singing kittens.

There's a lot of old British & American TV shows up there too for those who've had enough of the Thai offerings. Are You Being Serverd?, On The Buses, All In The Family, Twilight Zone, etc. Much of it uploaded since the ban took effect.

This is all kind of an anti-climax.

Back to the videos of the skateboarding alligators cuddling singing kittens.

There's a lot of old British & American TV shows up there too for those who've had enough of the Thai offerings. Are You Being Serverd?, On The Buses, All In The Family, Twilight Zone, etc. Much of it uploaded since the ban took effect.

There is some superb music footage on there also. Amazing content.... :o Productivity @ work today is plummeting already.

He added that Youtube just finished creating such blocking programme

[\quote]

..And what might this mean??

No doubt, other videos will be uploaded in the future which are also deemed unsuitable for people in Thailand to view. What will happen then viz-a-viz Youtube and the Thai government? What is this new form of censorship that Youtube has apparently implemented?

Simon

No doubt, other videos will be uploaded in the future which are also deemed unsuitable for people in Thailand to view. What will happen then viz-a-viz Youtube and the Thai government? What is this new form of censorship that Youtube has apparently implemented?

Simon

The Tak Bai Massacre and other evidence of Thai state brutality spring to mind... The "offending" video was a crude red herring in my book, planted by people that are all sensitive and rather shy of criticism and scrutiny.

I already saw Tak Bai massacre on youtube. I'll go check if it's still there.

Edit: Indeed, there is more than one video showing footage taken during this catastrophe. Also, that was under Thaksin's government, so I don't see why they'd care.

Edited by Jimjim

And just how did YOU know? :D:o

Edited by toptuan

I've been hammering youtube all day.

Not sure how long youtube was blocked here - six months - nine months -

Viewed some very rare footage of the Mamas and Papas (Monterey 1967) singing Dancing In The Streets. What's weirds is that this footage wasn't in the official movie of Monterey nor Monterey The Out-takes movie and it was very high quality footage!

Also watched the sixties TV show Hullaballo with the host Brian Epstein introducing and interviewing Marianne Faithfull in 1965. Had never seen that before. Uploaded recently to youtube.

And very rare footage of the MC5 in France in 1972 filmed by French television - had never seen that either too - and I'm a big fan of those boys.

Some great stuff appears to have been uploaded in the last nine months.

Made me wonder why it was banned in the first place!

Not sure how long youtube was blocked here - six months - nine months -

Some great stuff appears to have been uploaded in the last nine months.

Made me wonder why it was banned in the first place!

It was blocked five months ago because of an extremely offensive video of His Majesty the King.

Edited by sriracha john

I already saw Tak Bai massacre on youtube. I'll go check if it's still there.

Edit: Indeed, there is more than one video showing footage taken during this catastrophe. Also, that was under Thaksin's government, so I don't see why they'd care.

The officers / soldiers carrying out those actions are still on the job and have never been brought to task about it. Other than a public apology by PM Surayud, the army is still culpable for those (and other) killings...