Secured Credit Card

Can someone tell me where I can get a secured credit card here in Thailand? Krung Thai bank says I must wait until I have had a work permit for 2 years before I can get a standard C.C.. I need to get one now to use online. I don't need a large limit, just enough to order a few books using Paypal or something. Thanks for the help!

Can someone tell me where I can get a secured credit card here in Thailand? Krung Thai bank says I must wait until I have had a work permit for 2 years before I can get a standard C.C.. I need to get one now to use online. I don't need a large limit, just enough to order a few books using Paypal or something. Thanks for the help!

You don't need a credit card.

Opena an account with Kaisikorn Bank. Apply for a Visa debit card and online banking. Wait one day. Go online an apply for their web card. It acts just like a credit card with the CCV number and everything and can have an initial limit up to Bt100,000. It is linked to the amount in your savings account and thus you cannot use "credit".

Before you can use it, go to your details page and change your address to a simple english language one and write that down. Verify your card with VISA and use the simple address when you want to buy something.

It works over the phone and over the internet. I beleive the Bt100,000 is just a daily amount. I have not needed to increase it.