Help ! Does She Love Me !

HugoBoss

Hello,

im am from Germany ! FGor one week i have met a girl from udon thani living in Germany for 4 years now !

I have never had a relationship with a girl from Thailand !

Can someone tell me how a Thai girl show her love ! Sniff kissing /homme etc.etc ??

She tells she loves me ! I have spoken with girlfriends of her and they all say she really loves me !!

Thanks

Hello,

im am from Germany ! FGor one week i have met a girl from udon thani living in Germany for 4 years now !

Can someone tell me how a Thai girl show her love ! Sniff kissing /homme etc.etc ??

She tells she loves me ! I have spoken with girlfriends of her and they all say she really loves me !!

Thanks

Don't be afraid, HugoBoss. (kein angst, mein freund).

My wife's in Norway now (with me), but has lived in Ubon Ratchathani after our marriage in Norway 2 years ago. She is the most honest care-taking woman I've ever met! But she don't like to kiss, mysteriously... She's 34 and consider herself to be "an old woman". I'll be 50 (Feb. 2005) and wondered, when I met her 3,5 years ago, if I maybe was to old for her...

But look out for the typical warnings: "want money all the time" (always someone in the family sick), "want to buy land". family members asking for small/large payment for something you don't know about, etc.

You figure it out, HugoBoss. Use your inuition and always be firm, but polite! After all it isn't easy to be couples from two far distant cultures.

Another thing. I think a thai woman mean different for us north-europeans when saying "I love you". North-Europe may have a stronger commitment to the words.

eivind

(former anthropologist)

It is measured in $$$ so just keep plenty and you will be loved forever.

When she has more than you, you will be loved a little less and may be replaced with a up scale model.

Sad, sad, sad, Khun. have some bad experiences?

Hello,

Thanks

:D if you got the assurance from her friends why bother to ask??? :D

and beside how can we know it we dont know her anyway ... but if you got $$$ they the chance is that she must love you :o

Hello,

Thanks

:D if you got the assurance from her friends why bother to ask??? :D

and beside how can we know it we dont know her anyway ... but if you got $$$ they the chance is that she must love you :o

Bad, Vanessa, real bad.

Unicultural exhange of feelings isn't an easy one. It takes time, understanding of differences, patience and, not the least, courage to show feelings.

What is the purpose of this: "but if you got $$$ they the chance is that she must love you ", apart from beeing an ######? Do you know any thai women, at all?

Definitely a bad attitude towards other people; and possibly other races, too. :D

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Difficult to answer to your question. Only you, can know if she loves you or not.

And if you love here or not. If you love here, so you have reached half way....

Love is a personnal feeling and each individual has its life experience and culture and I would say his definition of Love. But Love has nothing to do with definition. It is something you feel and expresse by action. But before any feeling can arise, communication must be established. And this is the Point. Communication. from communication will arise love or anything else. Communication can be verbally expressed from the simple expression to the more complicated communication found in western countries (just an example...). Communication can also be in the silence, or in the eyes, mouvement of all the part of the body....

Never mind, you will have to develop another kind of perception and not interprete what you use to consider to be Love.

Let take an example: you have money and she does not. For her ,money is important for leaving eventually for children or for building a house. No need to say that money is also important for you. So.

Confusing situation. you could ask : is she nice to me only because I have money ? Or even does she love me only because I have money (silently ... but this is not love....).

If you love here, and can help her ,so do it without any hesitation. And the most important think is having different things to share together with happiness and not only thinking about this confusing situation....and money.

Now let me ask you to forget all what I said.....

David just married to a thai woman , happy together with love and joy.

Take care of you.

I'll give my 2 bits on this one.

It seems that I have been married to my Isaan bride longer than some of you guys have been around. Was married for 35 years past july.

For me it was love at first sight as a farm boy I had never seen anyone pretty as she was. She was wearing a green and white dress that her sister and her had made. But all that said it took almost 2 years for her to come around and definitely wasn't for the money back then since I didn't have any, but we did have a lot of things in common both grew up poor on farms me with cows and chickens, her with buffalo and ducks. At first of course the language was a problem and I have always felt I should have tried more but she picked up english so fast that I never had too.

Thats about enough but I will say that I doubt many women from anywhere would put up with me this long if love wasn't in there somewhere We have lived in 4 contries other than us and thailand and lived in 6 states while we have been working now retiring the second time in Jan and will be back in LOS nlt mid march, will be living in Isaan, in the country with cows, buffalo, pigs chickens and ducks (if it ever rains again) Hey it sounds like we must have made a little money over the years.

gone fishin

ps if you are in the korat, bua yai or chiyaphum(sp) area let me know I believe there is a falang from switzerland that lives about 30 miles from my wifes family.

• 2 weeks later...

i am sorry...i can't bellieve it...how old are u?just ONE thing u should know...WE are so much different,cultures i mean,that only can be enaugh to u to be so carefull about any Thai woman...we are very sensitive as people and we are so easy to be traped...i think u should read a book of Neil Hatchinson,i read it on the airport in BKK as a first chance to meet Thai woman and to know about them...just read it please,there is ur answer and look carefully what man told u ... My english is not well but i am sure that u will get my point well...open all radars whatu have,please...comment of Khun ? will be usefull for u...very much...

TO WANESA...ur comment: "if you got the assurance from her friends why bother to ask???"...dear wanesa,thai custom is to get supporting to each other,as people there,and that what u said is not good enaugh as reason that anyone can bellieve,or should to,just because her friends said that...ok?They stick together always...lie for each other,even,soooooo easy...words are worthless there,feelings too...ONLY one God thai woman have and that is MONEY...of course,somewhere with farangs are love present but that is at 10%(less)of relationships with farangs...Could our German friend to bellieve that he is in that 10%????i dont think so that he is so much lucky guy,ok?

About Thai people,woman...she can be with u and even to have a husband but u will never know that...i know what i am talking about,bellieve me...one more thing...sometimes she have permit from her husband to make that way some extra money...when she introduce u to family,for a her husband she will tell u that one is her brother,or something...just OPEN UR EYES,ok...As i see u are romantic personality and that mean u will be just someone who she can trick more easy...ok?if u want some more details,or anyone want to talk about this to me,here is my e [email protected]

i was there 3 months,saw many things about customs and way of life....they are very interesting people,woman are really so nice but all what they have in minds as first about u as personality is MONEY,only...regardings to u and good luck friend...we should to stick together as they doing all the time...

P.S.me again...

Dont anyone get me wrong,please...i had a pleasent expirience about Thai woman...my Thai is from Mukdahan and she NEVER thought about money,about me...when i didnt have enaugh money,she gave to me some,ok?All that what i said to HugoBoss is what i get as a picture about Thai life there and i saw so much things as Thai way of life... :o

TO EIVIND...u said this:"But she don't like to kiss, mysteriously... "...Anyway i dont want to be implite to u now but this what i will tell u might be usefull to our German friend...Did u ever thought seriose why is that so?about she dont like kissing?Thai culture allow that as showing feelings of love,right?what ur wife had as job there when u met her?or,other words,how u met her?if u could tell me abotu that may be i can give u answer about that why she dont like kissing...

in my country and the most European countries i know what kind of woman(i mean job what they doing)dont like kisses,ok?u know what i mean and i am really sorry to say this,but u made me...greetengs to u...

allan...RAVISHER... :D ...ok,i can take ur words right way...i get ur point...That german guy should know both side of medal,right?That way he can make a choice more easy,dont u think so...ur wife is well educated and i think u are a lucky guy...but...what i ment to tell that guy was:depend what is social status of that woman...as u know not so many well educated woman there,right...so...my point was...depend from where is she,job especially...can tell to him what he can expect from her,right?or what?

thanks for ur fast reply to me...i am waiting ur mail soon as possible...regardings to ur wife,i am also as she is.design matters...best regardings to u... :o

• 6 months later...
It is measured in $$$ so just keep plenty and you will be loved forever.

When she has more than you, you will be loved a little less and may be replaced with a up scale model.

:o well, but this might happen to the lady, too... :D

you never could be sure; not with a Thai nor with another Lady. But if she's staying in Germany and working here, and she has some languge-skills than a lot of the "work" is already done. What about her visa? Be aware if the final sense of this partnership is only to keep the permit to stay there.

Just have to keep it honest.

#1. Money

#2. Family

#3. Farang

Actually I think out of 10 money would take the first 5 places with family the next 4 and then Farang would be 10th

hmmmm, guess my wife needs to get with the program then, not sure she knows this is the way she should be thinking

Just have to keep it honest.

#1. Money

#2. Family

#3. Farang

Actually I think out of 10 money would take the first 5 places with family the next 4 and then Farang would be 10th

hmmmm, guess my wife needs to get with the program then, not sure she knows this is the way she should be thinking

Ok lets say you are attracted to her because she is your fantancy woman and she to you because you represent a better life, nothing wrong with that realtionships have to start somewhere and then a building process starts. I would say to you this, don't get in a hurry, if she does in fact love you, she is not going anywhere and the most important thing is that you trust that she does, not her girlfriends or anyone else.

I don't like to be negative, but this is one area that you really need to be comfortable with yourself. Long term realtionships are a real gamble, the best you can do is to make sure before you esscalate anything. It is a lot eaier to get into the relationship then it is to get out of it. If she is after money you will see it very soon

Thais do kiss. I've just finished a 6 month relationship with a housekeeper 5 years older than me. She will only admit to three Thai ex-husbands and a perevious farang boyfriend. But then again, I only admitted to two previous Thai GFs.

so this wasn't a working girl and she never asked for money but also never objected to ANY sexual position. So on this subject, I think the girl doesn't like you if she refuses to kiss. That is a universal sign of love and according to experience and what I've read, Thais are less restraint than westerners sexually.

so she doesn't love you.

EDIT---old ass thread :o thanks for wasting my money

Edited by Tyree D.

This money thing is so tiresome. I'm sorry but I can't help but feel that it comes from such a condescending Western point of view. We Farangs (I'm from the US) don't care about money. Nooooo we are all about loftier things, higher ideals and such. Give me a break. It is a rare western woman, no matter her career, who doesn't look at a man and think about his earning potential. And the guy is thinking about sex... Wake up people, let's have coffee. Come on now, money is important, we all need it, we work our butts off to get it. And outside of 13 year old puppy love money considerations enter into every relationship. Let's see how much luck a guy has in Europe dating women and telling them he's not much into making money but since it looks like she is doing OK maybe she could take care of him. Let's get off the frickin' high horse on this one.

I had a wife for many years, mother of my children. I know she loved me. I also know that part of the deal was that I would be the breadwinner. Did I think she loved me for my money? No. Did she feel insecure or angry when I didn't make enough? Yes because she thought she had a deal. She wanted a man to take care of the family's financial needs and she'd take care of the home. I was happy to do that. (not happy with other things but that's a different story). Money (can we call that survival) is a basic in a relationship.

Are there Thai women who take advantage of Farang men and their money? Of course. Are there Farang men who pay money for the same women's time and attention? OK so it's about money on one level and may the best man(woman) win if that's the game. I have an ex-bg gf and I know very well what I represent to her and her family in terms of money. I'm not afraid to admit that money was the starting point of our relationship. Money is still an issue sometimes. It's something like any couple anywhere we have to talk about and work on. I know that at times I must seem like a limitless source of cash - our respective situations are just so different in this regard. But I don't find her coming from any position that's dishonest, disingenuous, or dishonorable. If it was just about money I suppose that's a deal she might make if she's feeling backed into a corner. But she was looking for more, as I am sure every Thai woman is, she's looking for companionship, for respect, for kindness, for fun, for a good father for her daughter, for a fulfilling and secure life - for heaven's sake she's a human being just like everyone else on the planet. And oh yes, if you understand Thai culture you know that she cares about family. What have we sunk to when this is cause for derision?

I'm not going to point any fingers here - there must be 50 posts a day on TV that irk me in this regard. The shallow and superficial comments I see from Farangs sitting in some high place of judgment and self-righteousness. What's that all about anyway? Where's that coming from? If you can't tell a real relationship from one you paid for then God bless the woman that has your money.

To the OP. Take you time, go slow, trust your instincts and take some time to learn about, and respect, Thai culture. And of course look for someone who will take the time to learn about and respect your culture. And about money - talk about it like every other couple does.

EDIT - holy cow how did I let this rant go for an OLD thread - but it's been building for awhile so I'll let it stand.

Edited by easyb

...EDIT---old ass thread :D  thanks for wasting my money

...EDIT - holy cow how did I let this rant go for an OLD thread - but it's been building for awhile so I'll let it stand.

:D:D I think the OP was a member for two days about 9 months ago :D . Never mind, he gave you both a chance to get something off your chests!

I wonder if this forum software can have an automatic "Close thread" function after, say, 3 months? :o

...EDIT---old ass thread :D   thanks for wasting my money

...EDIT - holy cow how did I let this rant go for an OLD thread - but it's been building for awhile so I'll let it stand.

:D:D I think the OP was a member for two days about 9 months ago :D . Never mind, he gave you both a chance to get something off your chests!

I wonder if this forum software can have an automatic "Close thread" function after, say, 3 months? :o

Yes I feel so much better now and promise to be more careful in the future. :D

Long term realtionships are a real gamble, the best you can do is to make sure before you esscalate anything. It is a lot eaier to get into the relationship then it is to get out of it. If she is after money you will see it very soon

couldnt agree more, thats why we waited a good 18 months before marriage. and if she's in it for money, she went wrong as anyone whos been in the military knows. her adopted parents have tried to set her up with other older farangs since we met, and she's turned them all down, even with millions of baht in dowry offered...

Hello,

Thanks

Yeah she loves you , she has been there for 4 yrs now and is already westernized ! What does she do for work ?

I have a relationship with an Issan lady, a-la-ltraditional Thai wife. She is 35 and I find the "non-kisser" label fits her. I find it very strange, as USA high school girls of the 1960's were more open-minded about sex than this lady. From my experience, there seems to be a gererational (age) thing involved on this subject. I have been with several under 30 Thai ladies, who have no "hang-ups" The over 30 group seems to be considerably more conservative and restrained about this.

I also agree that money is priority # 1, You need to protect your financial as well as emotional integrity, as with any relationship. Ones with foreign women, who do not speak your language, are much more challenging. Good luck. Mine is still on probation after 10 months.

this is an old thread

Anyone think it is not about money just ask yourself how many times do you know of in the western world where a boyfriend is approached about money by the girls family. I think we would most of the time find it insulting at the least. It is common place in Thailand when a foreigner is involved but not when a thai is involved with a daughter. Go figure