Non-imm B In U.s.

I have a non imm b Single entry 90 days. I have just obtained a work permit. will be back in states for 3 weeks can anyone advise how to get a 1year multiple entry?

In the past i have fedexed to L.A. to get tourist visas and they fedex back next day.

need advise!

Thnks- :o

Why do you want the new visa?

Leaving the country now may well invalidate your work permit!!

As you have your work permit you should go to immgration and ask for a visa extension to match your work permit validity.

Then you can get a re-entry permit to cover your trip to the USA.

If you think you will do several trips in the coming year then get a multi-re-entry permit.

Edited by astral

By all means, talk to the immigration office and explain the situation with the trip. If possible show the ticket.

You should be able, after placing your application for extension of stay, to get a

stamp that the application is under consideration and this stamp should be until you are back in LOS.

Once you get this, must extent your WP to the same date and get a re-entry permit.

Alternatively, place the application 2-3 days before leaving. You will get the consideration-stamp for 1 month' validity, same validity with the re-entry.

Just make sure you are back b4 that date and don't forget to extent the WP

By all means, talk to the immigration office and explain the situation with the trip. If possible show the ticket.

You should be able, after placing your application for extension of stay, to get a

stamp that the application is under consideration and this stamp should be until you are back in LOS.

Once you get this, must extent your WP to the same date and get a re-entry permit.

Alternatively, place the application 2-3 days before leaving. You will get the consideration-stamp for 1 month' validity, same validity with the re-entry.

Just make sure you are back b4 that date and don't forget to extent the WP

Getting a new visa will kill your work permit.

As you have your work permit you should go to immgration and ask for a visa extension to match your work permit validity.

"to match your work permit validity"

Sorry but the work permit is tied to your visa. If the visa expires October 10th so does the work permit. The work permit validity would NEVER be longer than the visa date validity you have in your passport.

SBACM has two choices....

1. He can obtain a one year multiple entry visa in the USA. Obtaining this visa would NOT cancel his work permit. His only obligation will be to go on a visa run every 90 days and then extend his work permit for another 90 days. If he leaves Thailand and has a multiple entry, he does NOT need to apply for a re entry permit.

2. He can apply for a extension of stay visa. The first time this will be "under consideration" He will get 30 days extension. The second time, odds are high he'll get another 'under consideration 30 day extension" Every time he gets this he goes and extends his work permit for another 30 days. The third time at Immigration he may then get the extension of stay visa. This will be one year starting from the start date he had applied for the first 90 day visa. If it took two times, he'll have a 7 month visa. If it was under consideration 3 or 4 times.. It will be 6 or even 5 months. The following year things should get easier. At any time he was to leave Thailand, he should get a reentry permit either single or multiple. He does not need any other visa or should apply for one with this option.

What are the requirements for option 2 (extension of stay) that are different than option 1 (of just getting a one year multiple entry visa.) If he is an American, he must be paying taxes on a salary of 60,000 Baht per month, his company must have 4 Thai employees for every foreigner employed (not just 4 Thais to him), his company must have 2 million baht registered capital that is paid up with 1 million baht working capital. With option 1 he does not have any of these requirements to get the work permit or the 1 year multiple entry.

Just depends how big his company is... that is the deciding factor which choice is better for him. In that regards, if he works for a multinational company his life is really easy at the Governments “one stop service" on Ratchadaphisek. Less than 1 hour to get a one year visa and work permit.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Thanks all for Advice although a bit confusing?

When I leave thailand do i need to go to Immigration or can I just pay 500 baht board plane and leave?

does this invalidate my WP?

and then I just fedex application/passport to Houston?

Then upon my return take new visa to labor and get work permit extended according to visa expiration date?

Do I need to show a return ticket at arrival in BKK as in the past?

Can I use any Thai Embassy in states or is houston the best?

Thanks again!

When I leave thailand do i need to go to Immigration or can I just pay 500 baht board plane and leave?

Then upon my return take new visa to labor and get work permit extended according to visa expiration date?

Thanks again!

What I know about the consulate in Houston is this: in April of both 2003 and 2004, I walked in with the right letter (of employment in Thailand), my passport, and about $85. 24 hours later, I walked out with a non-immigrant B multiple entry 12 month visa. I don't know about fedexing, but walking in worked fine, as recently as 5 months ago.

Thanks again!

What I know about the consulate in Houston is this: in April of both 2003 and 2004, I walked in with the right letter (of employment in Thailand), my passport, and about $85. 24 hours later, I walked out with a non-immigrant B multiple entry 12 month visa. I don't know about fedexing, but walking in worked fine, as recently as 5 months ago.

What is a 12-month multiple entry non-immigrant B visa? Do you mean a 3 month one? Or did you have your work permit taken care of in the US? I didn't know this was possible.

Thanks again!

What is a 12-month multiple entry non-immigrant B visa? Do you mean a 3 month one? Or did you have your work permit taken care of in the US? I didn't know this was possible.

A 12 month Non-Immigrant B visa enables unlimited 90 day stays during its validity

and enables one to apply for a work permit.

how can you obtain one? is it different than when you take your letter from a school to get the single entry Non-imm B?

I think the procedure is the same. It's said that the consulates and embassies in Asia just don't give more than 90 days, and some only give single entry. Certain places in Australia, the USA, England, etc., are more lenient. The Houston consulate, e.g., is only honorary, not staffed by Thai citizens.

I've gotten 2 visas from Denver, and one from New Orleans last year. No problem. I confirmed with 'Diane' from the Denver hon. consulate late last year that the basic 'money,application,passport' is still all that's needed for the one-year multiple entry.

Indo Siam or someone posted it a while ago, and I've 'heard' (from a reputable(ish) source) good things. I may know someone going there soon so I'll let you know. But agreed Australia is a breeze, so maybe better safe than sorry (and Sri Lanka is Sri Lanka after all!).