Motorway Toll Collector Run Over By Truck

george

Motorway toll collector run over by truck

BANGKOK: -- A toll collector was run over and killed by an 18-wheel lorry Thursday night while she was trying to inform motorists that the tolls were exempted for Songkran holidays.

The accident happened at the Thapchang gate in Bangkok's Saphan Sung district at 8:30 pm.

Police said Molratda Sudakorn, 25, was run over by the truck after she climbed over the road fence to a toll booth to inform drivers that the tolls were exempted.

Initially, there was no official in the toll booths because the tolls were lifted during the Songkran holidays.

But some vehicles slowed down to pay the tolls so Molratda climbed over the fence to a toll booth to inform them of toll lifting but she slipped and fell down while the truck was approaching the gate at a fast speed and ran over her.

-- The Nation 2008-04-11

Saw a similar incident involving a male toll collector/security guard. I was heading towards the second toll barrier to Suvarnabhumi at aprrox 4.50 when I witnessed a toll collector/security guard lying on the ground just past the toll exit, obviously a hit and run job as the vehicle responsible was nowhere to be seen! :o Hope he made it!

Ive still been paying the Tolls over Songkran, and ive been on each and every expressway in BKK over the last few days!

Did i miss something, r did they see me coming from a mile away?

Condolences to the family of this unfortunate woman.