Bkk-kl-bkk,non O.

I believe i promised to tell how it went down.

Wed,air asia to KL.30 min delay,but another nice flight with AA.

Took the bus to sentral,and from there the monorail.

Checked in at Tune hotel around 10 pm.

Thursday,woke up early,and gathered my stuff,and took a teksi to the embassy.

Arrived 9.15,and took my place in line,after i filled the form.

Unless you are among the 7-8 first in the line,you have time fill out the form once you are inside.So if you want to speed things up,just go straight to the line.

Around 10 am,my turn was up.It turned out i forgot to copy my wp,but acrosss the street is a hotel,that will help you with copys.

Anyway,applied for my 1 year non o,payd RM 550.-And was out of the embassy 10.15.

Friday,packed up,checked out.And took a teksi to the embassy once again.

I was purposlely early.My bought internet at the hotel was out of credit,and the hotel across from the embassy has free wifi.

Spend an hour on the net,and went to the embassy at 11.15,got my passport end checked it,a nice sticker inside confirmed the 1 year non o multiple.

Walked to Ampang park station,around 10 min walk.Took the train to sentral.

Since i still had 4 hour to kill before catching the buss to LCC,i left my luggage at a luggage storage,and went shopping at bukit binta.

At 3 pm i took the bus to LCC,and was back in Bkk 7.35,15 min early........

Needless to say i had my paperwork in order.

Other than than,a very smooth trip.

Spend friday night at The Duke.KL's only blues bar,and they even let me sit in.

If you want to find The Duke,it is not easy.

But here is the adress.

Duta Vista Excecutive suites.(the dukes is inside.and you will see it once you get to the lobby)

Jalang Duta Vista.

Its a 10-15 min drive from Tune hotel.

All in all a good trip.And i like KL a lot more than the first time i was there.

Half ya luck. I got back yesterday with only a 90 day single entry B and I wanted a mutiple entry 1 yr B. Now you have to get a signiture from the labor Dept under you last stamp saying extend for another yr. Having all the correct docs accept this. I do a 3 month work permit. A/holes are always changing the bloody goal posts. I rang my lawyer and he wasn't aware of it either. He is now though!!! :o

Bagwain,

Does page number 5 of your work permit say that you have been granted permission to work for the duration of 1 year? ("work period") It is at the bottom of the page.The word "year" is written in Thai, just one letter with a small sign above it.

Unless you are among the 7-8 first in the line,you have time fill out the form once you are inside.So if you want to speed things up,just go straight to the line.

Around 10 am,my turn was up.It turned out i forgot to copy my wp,but acrosss the street is a hotel,that will help you with copys.

Anyway,applied for my 1 year non o,payd RM 550.-And was out of the embassy 10.15.

I was purposlely early.My bought internet at the hotel was out of credit,and the hotel across from the embassy has free wifi.

Spend an hour on the net,and went to the embassy at 11.15,got my passport end checked it,a nice sticker inside confirmed the 1 year non o multiple.

Since i still had 4 hour to kill before catching the buss to LCC,i left my luggage at a luggage storage,and went shopping at bukit binta.

But here is the adress.

Duta Vista Excecutive suites.(the dukes is inside.and you will see it once you get to the lobby)

Jalang Duta Vista.

All in all a good trip.And i like KL a lot more than the first time i was there.

Thanks for the informative post. I have a few questions/requests if you don't mind....

Why did you wait until 11:15 to pick up your passport? Is this when the embassy told you to come back to pick it up? Could you have picked it up earlier? If I use the embassy in KL my return flight would leave at 12:05 which means I would have to stay an extra day, which is something I would like to avoid.

Also, could you please provide a detailed list of all the documents you brought (and how many copies of each), because it seems that some embassies and consulates have different requirements. I need to get a NON-O (marriage) in a few weeks, but I'm currently not working so I don't need the WP info.

Thanks very much.

But here is the adress.

Jalang Duta Vista.

Thanks for the informative post. I have a few questions/requests if you don't mind....

Why did you wait until 11:15 to pick up your passport? Is this when the embassy told you to come back to pick it up? Could you have picked it up earlier? If I use the embassy in KL my return flight would leave at 12:05 which means I would have to stay an extra day, which is something I would like to avoid.

Also, could you please provide a detailed list of all the documents you brought (and how many copies of each), because it seems that some embassies and consulates have different requirements. I need to get a NON-O (marriage) in a few weeks, but I'm currently not working so I don't need the WP info.

Thanks very much.

:D Hello All,

I'm new here.

And next sunday i will start my trip to Kl.

hopefully i will get a Non "O" multiple entry. on base of marriage.

I will take the following papers with me: Passport - Yellow tambienbahn - Letter guarantee from the cityhall (Amphur) that we are married. - 2 picktures of me. 4x6 cm. - bank book showing more than 400K - copy ID card spousse - copy tambienbahn spousse - a letter from spousse with , PLEASE give a multipple entry. - and ofcours the fee money.

And a lot off copy's from each form singd and date by spousse.

Sunday Air asia Dep: 11.40 Arrives 15:00 hr. Monday morning Thai consulate.

Hopefully Thue pick-up :D passport with visa :D - evening Air asia 20:40 hr. back to BKK.

Wed. with bus back home.

Thursday report at :o

Greetings mclaren1001

But here is the adress.

Jalang Duta Vista.

Thanks very much.

I got my one-year multiple entry non-Imm "O" (marriage) Tuesday and Wednesday last week in KL. To add what Nickkbh said:

From the Malaysian Thai Embassy web site, I downloaded and printed both the visa application form and the documents required document (in my case non-immO-b87.pdf).

On the form, I put 'Time of requested stay' as one year, and 'Number of times planning to enter Thailand' as Multiple. Note that there is a section where it asks you if you have ever overstayed.

The front gate opens at 10 and you're given an application form that they want you to use (it's exactly the same); I filled my copy out previously so it would be easier just to copy over to theirs. The Visa Application door is opened at 10:30 and you are given queue numbers when you enter the building so getting at the front of that line is more important than when the embassy opens at 10.

I had the requested documents in the exact order that's in the pdf file with 2 copies instead of one. We rent a house in Phuket and I built a house in my wife's village for us, so I took copies of the rental agreement (that had my name on it) and copies of the house registry (I am not sure of the exact name but it's a blue book slightly larger than a bank book). My wife signed and dated those documents plus a copy of her ID card... I am guessing that if you don't have either of those types of documents, that a phone bill or any other bill with your name on it that comes through the post will do the trick.

I gave the entire pile at once to the lady. She quickly sifted through it and picked out what she needed (if she hesitated, I explained what I thought the document was) and gave me back the rest. Then she whipped out the receipt book, I had the 550 MYR ready, and that was that.

The next morning, the advertised collection period is 11:30 to 12:30 but when I arrived at 11:00 the passports were already at the front gate and I collected mine. The amount of time to collect is so fast that you could have a taxi wait for you if you needed it to.

Other notes:

- I suggest getting enough Malaysia ringgit to get you to the hotel before you go to the airport. In Phuket airport there is only one exchange booth, and at 11:00 a.m. it was closed for an 11:30 to 12:30 lunch break (TIT). Exchange rate is approx 10 THB per 1 MYR. The exchange booth at KL LCCT immediately after going through customs is a total ripoff at 8.5 THB per MYR; on the streets in KL, the exchange booths' the rate is 9.5.

- I stayed in Bukit Bintang area and it's 9 ringgit to take the Star Shuttle bus from the airport to Puduraya bus station (the central bus station) which is close to the edge of Bukit Bintang area, or 15 MYR to drop you at the hotel. I stayed at Corona Inn for 140 MYR/night and it was OK but next time I will try something else in the area; lots of hotels in that area in the 140 to 180 MYR range and also there are hostels that I didn't check the prices but should be cheaper.

Bukit Bintang area also has lots of low to mid-range shopping centers and a decent street life. It's a bit of a walk to the Petronas Towers from there but I did it. It's about a 20 minute walk from the Thai embassy to the Towers (and the Suria KLCC shopping center). The Suria KLCC shopping center has a Kinokuniya (sp?) bookstore which by far has the best collection of any that I've seen in Asia.

I took a taxi off the street to the airport and with one round of bargaining it was 100 MYR.

Hope this helps.

But here is the adress.

Jalang Duta Vista.

Thanks very much.

I got my one-year multiple entry non-Imm "O" (marriage) Tuesday and Wednesday last week in KL. To add what Nickkbh said:

From the Malaysian Thai Embassy web site, I downloaded and printed both the visa application form and the documents required document (in my case non-immO-b87.pdf).

On the form, I put 'Time of requested stay' as one year, and 'Number of times planning to enter Thailand' as Multiple. Note that there is a section where it asks you if you have ever overstayed.

The front gate opens at 10 and you're given an application form that they want you to use (it's exactly the same); I filled my copy out previously so it would be easier just to copy over to theirs. The Visa Application door is opened at 10:30 and you are given queue numbers when you enter the building so getting at the front of that line is more important than when the embassy opens at 10.

I had the requested documents in the exact order that's in the pdf file with 2 copies instead of one. We rent a house in Phuket and I built a house in my wife's village for us, so I took copies of the rental agreement (that had my name on it) and copies of the house registry (I am not sure of the exact name but it's a blue book slightly larger than a bank book). My wife signed and dated those documents plus a copy of her ID card... I am guessing that if you don't have either of those types of documents, that a phone bill or any other bill with your name on it that comes through the post will do the trick.

I gave the entire pile at once to the lady. She quickly sifted through it and picked out what she needed (if she hesitated, I explained what I thought the document was) and gave me back the rest. Then she whipped out the receipt book, I had the 550 MYR ready, and that was that.

The next morning, the advertised collection period is 11:30 to 12:30 but when I arrived at 11:00 the passports were already at the front gate and I collected mine. The amount of time to collect is so fast that you could have a taxi wait for you if you needed it to.

Other notes:

- I suggest getting enough Malaysia ringgit to get you to the hotel before you go to the airport. In Phuket airport there is only one exchange booth, and at 11:00 a.m. it was closed for an 11:30 to 12:30 lunch break (TIT). Exchange rate is approx 10 THB per 1 MYR. The exchange booth at KL LCCT immediately after going through customs is a total ripoff at 8.5 THB per MYR; on the streets in KL, the exchange booths' the rate is 9.5.

- I stayed in Bukit Bintang area and it's 9 ringgit to take the Star Shuttle bus from the airport to Puduraya bus station (the central bus station) which is close to the edge of Bukit Bintang area, or 15 MYR to drop you at the hotel. I stayed at Corona Inn for 140 MYR/night and it was OK but next time I will try something else in the area; lots of hotels in that area in the 140 to 180 MYR range and also there are hostels that I didn't check the prices but should be cheaper.

Bukit Bintang area also has lots of low to mid-range shopping centers and a decent street life. It's a bit of a walk to the Petronas Towers from there but I did it. It's about a 20 minute walk from the Thai embassy to the Towers (and the Suria KLCC shopping center). The Suria KLCC shopping center has a Kinokuniya (sp?) bookstore which by far has the best collection of any that I've seen in Asia.

I took a taxi off the street to the airport and with one round of bargaining it was 100 MYR.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot IgnacioE,

Sure this will helps a LOT.

Gives me good hope for monday.

...It turned out i forgot to copy my wp...

You needed a copy of your work permit to apply for a non-O? That, and a lot of documents form your employer’s company, are usually need for a multiple-entry non-B.

--

Maestro