Average Monthly Income ...

Peter Phuket

I'm interested to know the approximate average monthly income of people in the following occupations in Phuket :

1) Motorcycle rental guys in Patong

2) Jet ski and paragliding rental guys in Patong

3) Motorcycle taxi riders

4) Traditional Thai (straight) massage professionals e.g. the people on Patong Beach

5) High heel wearing 'foot massage' ladies.

6) Fast food employees e.g. McDonalds etc.

7) Retail shop employees e.g. clothing stores etc.

Thanks!

How many bikes.. What location... What connections.. Way too open as it could be a 30 bike operation down on beach Rd or a 4 bike operation run in the middle of nowhere..

My mates GF has 4 - 6 new Mio style bikes.. Makes about 10k after repayment costs.. Another mate (farang) had 4 tatty older bikes bought cheap.. Rented them to farang mates only long term 2.5k low season to 3.5k or more high.. His bikes were paid off in a few months so after hat it was all incoming.. made about the same money in other words, though you could point out she has more 'assets' in stock.

Quite a bit I imagine.. High barrier to entry due to beach mafia issues though..

Not much but substantially more than the 5 quoted below.. Even only doing a few lifts around shoud get them >300 per day (thats only 8 patong lifts) and 500 or more daily so 15k per month would not surprise me.

4) Traditional Thai (straight) massage professionals e.g. the people on Patong Beach

Unknown.. Hard to even guess for me

Ditto

4 - 6k depending on long hours etc..

5k normal.. 7k High (now) my GF just missed a job for 10 - 12k for normal shop work (dive shop) that was v high paying for unskilled.

Phuket labour rates and earnings are a lot higher than in the rest of Thailand.

5,000 baht per month for normal shop workers and 7,000 baht per month for high paid shop workers? Are you sure you don't mean per week? If not, WOW!!

I had no idea how little these poor people get paid.

I got one motorcycle rental guy at Patong to give me a lift to the town back to my 500 baht per night hotel and when he saw where I was staying, he said 'woooooowwwww!' 500 baht is only $12 US per day, yet most people working in Phuket are making less than half that per day!! And Phuket pays higher than other places in Thailand. Heck!! So if you a guy had a 'guest' stay with him for the night and handed her 500 baht for the company, it would be considered a massive amount by Thai standards, right?

5,000 baht per month for normal shop workers and 7,000 baht per month for high paid shop workers? Are you sure you don't mean per week? If not, WOW!!
No it is a month and is generaly higher than elsewhere in Thailand
So if you a guy had a 'guest' stay with him for the night and handed her 500 baht for the company, it would be considered a massive amount by Thai standards, right?

wrong :o

Minimum salary set by the labour dept is for Bangkok Baht 170 per diem, i.e. 5100 p.m. for fulltime workers. Below that you are outside of the law.

Phuket should be similar.

Here some Thailand average salaries you can find on the web:

(sorry, I deleted the google-info resp. the source, but looks real to me.

Real-time Salary Survey Information for:

All People in All Surveys (Thailand)

Median Salary By Job

For All People in All Surveys

Web Designer (3) 15000

Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer (3) 30000

Consultant, Business Process / Management (3) 12000

Accounting Manager (2) 57000

Information Systems (IS) Manager (2) 63250

Elementary School Teacher (2) 15440

Project Manager, IT (2) 48195

I've noticed that there is a tendency on these boards to underestimate how much the Thais make. It's even more prevalent on the ajarn.com boards, perhaps because they want to feel better about their wages.

Estimates of 3,000-5,000/month?

I think the very bottom end of actual employment is somewhere a bit over 5,000, in line with the official minimum wage. I remember an 18 year old desk clerk at a cheap khao san guest house told me he made 5500/month at his 6 day/week job.

I have a friend who was offered a job at Watsons for 9,000/month starting which would be upgraded to 13,000 after 3 months.

According to census data (I was skimming it at the chula book store), the per-capita income in Bangkok is 6,000-8,000/month. This includes children and others not working. I would guess that the median income of an actual educated adult worker (like your typical tv.com poster) is over 20,000/month. The income numbers were roughly 50% lower outside of Bangkok.

A couple more examples. . . I know a 26 year old girl who works for an export company and makes 25,000/month. I also know a 26 year old nurse who works at the plastic surgery hospital on the Chao Phraya river and pulls in 35,000 after taxes and has full benefits (though they work her like a dog).

I'm not saying all Thais have money to burn, but there is a surprising number of middle class people everywhere.

Well I know 7/11 wages are about 4500 but they are bottom of the barrel for full time..

One of my main regulars was working an 9 or 10 till 5 or 6 for 5500.. Then they tried to get her to stand in for someone and work from 9 till 11.. For the same money !!!

Job at watsons starting at 9 and heading to 13.. She would jump at..

25 and 30k jobs ?!?!? Gov workers and people with degrees seem to usually be on the 12 - 18k range at best..

I guess thats why everyone is pushing an angle or having sidelines (or taking T Money)...

Thai language teacher Patong. 20,000

straight thai massage girl...20-25,000. More if performing extras.

stunner BG at the rock hard..140,000

Maid in guesthouse..6500

night guard at guest house 8,000

day shift GH manager 8,000

my part time maid 5 days a week half days...5,000

Government hospital receptionist 4,000b per month + average 1,000b over time.

Government hospital pharmacist 8,600b per month + 15,000b monthly bonus for not owning or working in a private business.

Private pharmacist 15,000b+ per month.

Private pharmacy sales assistant 5,000b per month.

Bank employee, credit card dept 8,200b per month.

:o

Hi Peter please see reply

I'm interested to know the approximate average monthly income of people in the following occupations in Phuket :

500 20mins

100baht patong to kata

200-400 baht per hour

1000baht

4000permonth

4000 per month

Thanks!

1000baht

Thanks for your reply. So, for the above, would that be 1000baht per day or per week?

For each 250baht foot massage, how much must she give to her boss?

How many clients on average do each of the ladies working in these places see?

How many times per day would they be giving 'more than just a foot massage'?

Cheers.

a 500bht tip would be very well appreciated

Jumped in too quick there :D

500 bht for a "guest for the night" would be considered "cheap charlie" treble that amount and then your getting somewhere. :D

How would you know ?

Your old women told me :o:D

My "old woman" my wife for 12 years now has never complained, we share the cost of living, and she's quite haappy with that. :D