Internet Slowdown

JJDinsay

Am I finally feeling the slowness of TRUE ADSL network? I've noticed a considerable drop in my speed - now at a pathetic 90 - 63kbps download speed when I used to hover around 280 - 300k!!! Also noticed though that when I was using my friends dial up acct. in his apt., it was slower than usual. Anyone feeling the pinch this weekend? After 2.5 years of being a TRUE customer and loving every minute of it, am I finally going down the slow road that so many people here have been complaining about? Yikes!!!

The net slowed to a crawl late last night.

I was chatting to friends around the world on msn, when msn crashed for all of us. A quick check with msn help replied their server was overloaded.

I'm using broadband (my isp claims it is :o ) and have been getting more than the normal amount of "cannot find server" replies in the past week.

NL

finally had enough aswell, changin ISP asap now..

I just been running some latency tests to the UK over the space of the last few hours..

True 2.5mbit ADSL = 2420ms with a daft amount of packet loss +25%

CSLoxinfo 56k = 474ms with packet loss @ less than 3%

:o

Painfully slow and off and on for me too over the weekend. It's probably due to something as simple as it's getting toward the end of the month and without money, the Thai youth are staying home and playing games on the Internet.

Yep. Very slow the last couple of days. Latency is very high.

At the moment it looks like a dialup ....

Though I don't think it's down to the international links. Normally my local speed is 2100-2200 kbs, in the last days only 1500-1600 kbs.

Download speeds, with the help of DAP, often hit the 120 kbytes/s though.

Edited by sniffdog